Premed 101 Forums

iPad Air with Windows Laptop

Hey! Just wondering if there are any users that have a windows laptop and iPad air. How easy is it transferring files from the iPad to windows laptop and how do you achieve this? I am looking to buy an iPad to take notes on (via noteability).

Additionally, what storage size of the iPad would be sufficient? Would the 64gb be enough? 

5 hours ago, Butterfly_ said:

I use an iPad Pro with a windows laptop. My storage is 250gb. I don’t think 64 is enough if you plan on using it long term and throughout residency. To transfer files, I automatically back up everything from notability to google drive,

Sweet, thanks for information!! Appreciate it. Do you think it's worth it to get the pro or is the air enough? How much storage have you used so far that's school related? And did you purchase extra storage space on your google drive? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 6:14 PM, popfossa said:

Sweet, thanks for information!! Appreciate it. Do you think it's worth it to get the pro or is the air enough? How much storage have you used so far that's school related? And did you purchase extra storage space on your google drive? 

If you're not going to be doing any video/picture-editing or comp sci stuff, you're best off with an iPad Air (because these ones now have stylus compatibility). I have one and it works really well for me. I use it exclusively for PDFs and note-taking (with synced notes in OneNote). Here's a great breakdown by a resident doc comparing the different ipads available.