Premed 101 Forums

GPA Rounding to Nearest Tenth

Hi, 

Can anyone confirm if a 3.67 in one of the last 2 years gets rounded up to 3.7 (nearest tenth) to meet cut-offs? 

I've read in a few sub-forums that they round to the nearest tenth but not sure if applicable to cut-offs. I've also e-mailed Dal Med two weeks ago to confirm but no response. 

In this same vein, does anyone know if they also have an unofficial cut-off for OOP GPA and MCAT before proceeding to read your essays? Is it even worth it to apply as an OOP (last 2-year GPA is 3.74, 3.67). 

Any insight is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, Vandelay said:

In this same vein, does anyone know if they also have an unofficial cut-off for OOP GPA and MCAT before proceeding to read your essays?

I believe they mention cutoffs on their site, you should be fine as long as your MCAT is decent. I don't remeber them off the top of my head though.

10 minutes ago, Kawhi2Raptors said:

It gets rounded down, yours would go from 3.67 to 3.6. I'm entering my GPA now and it sucks to see.

Are you sure? Mine is getting rounded up after inputting my grades.

56 minutes ago, garceyues said:

I believe they mention cutoffs on their site, you should be fine as long as your MCAT is decent. I don't remeber them off the top of my head though.

Are you sure? Mine is getting rounded up after inputting my grades.

My 3.86 for one of my academic years got rounded down to a 3.8 so idk if I'm just unlucky.

1 minute ago, garceyues said:

Hmm my total GPA rounded up, I am actually not sure about the individual academic years though.

I don't want to dox myself so here's an imgur:

First year should be a 3.86, but it doesn't round. I have to check if my excel does math right for my grades, but that's what I got. Third year is a 3.95 so it doesn't round up unfortunately.

https://imgur.com/gallery/P9YKoPG

4 hours ago, Kawhi2Raptors said:

I don't want to dox myself so here's an imgur:

First year should be a 3.86, but it doesn't round. I have to check if my excel does math right for my grades, but that's what I got. Third year is a 3.95 so it doesn't round up unfortunately.

https://imgur.com/gallery/P9YKoPG

I wonder if it has something to do with the wGPA on the last column? Since it's so close to 3.85...just a speculation

Hi guys,

I have finished three years out of my four year undergrad. And my Winter 2020 semester is being excluded (as it gives me the higher GPA). So, should I enter Fall 2019, Winter 2019, Fall 2018 and Winter 2018 grades and those will count as “2 best/ recent years”? 

another concern is: my Fall 2019 GPA is below the min — but it won’t affect my eligibility right? As eligibility is measured by meeting the min each successive 30 credit hours?

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused about inputting my grades...I just finished my undergrad degree this Spring and want to use the past two consecutive years to calculate my GPA (Year 3 - Fall 2018/Winter 2019 and Year 4 - Fall 2019/Winter 2020). After selecting this option and answering that Winter 2020 grades will be used in this calculation/that I had alphanumerical grades for Winter 2020, I see that the options of study are listed as "1st successive 30 credit hours" then 2nd and 3rd...From the description I'm gathering that 30 credit hours is one full year of study; I want to use the option of the past two consecutive years so I was wondering if anyone else is wondering why there are options to input up to 3 successive 30 credit hours, instead of just 2? Also just checking but would the 1st successive 30 credit hours be the grades from my 3rd year? and second successive would be my grades from 4th year? Why is this app so confusing lol