Premed 101 Forums

Genetics and Pediatric subspecialties come to mind as requiring a good grasp of embryology. 

Most surgical specialties will have a pediatric subspecialty that are generally heavy on embryology. Most congenital malformations can be traced back to embryology. That being said, embryology for the most part is not directly relevant to clinical practice.

49 minutes ago, ink bat said:

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but i was curious which (if any) medical specialties would incorporate embryology as this was one of my favourite things to study.

Subspecialty of obstetrics/gynecology (e.g. reproductive endocrinology) or medical genetics may have the most embryology, although they're very different.  

On 6/30/2020 at 11:20 AM, Aetherus said:

Genetics and Pediatric subspecialties come to mind as requiring a good grasp of embryology. 

Most surgical specialties will have a pediatric subspecialty that are generally heavy on embryology. Most congenital malformations can be traced back to embryology. That being said, embryology for the most part is not directly relevant to clinical practice.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:26 AM, indefatigable said:

Subspecialty of obstetrics/gynecology (e.g. reproductive endocrinology) or medical genetics may have the most embryology, although they're very different.  

thank you both!!

• hijkl changed the title to .