Premed 101 Forums

Advice: Should I even bother?

Hey guys,

After so much creeping and never posting I thought I might as well ask for some of your guys's advice. I've been wanting to be a doctor since I was a kid but I never tried because I didnt think I was smart enough lol so anyways here are the numbers: UGPA is whack, this is the trend 1.9 (had a rough year), 2.7, 3.2, 3.6. Finished a MA with a 3.8-3.9 and havent written the MCAT yet. Should I even try? idk what do you guys think? You can be critical, I'm not soft.

You could really increase your overall chances by doing a second degree, or even a part of a degree. Your old grades won’t hurt too much, if you can do say, two years of undergrad course work at a very high GPA level. You can explain this by justifying the need for increasing your gpa to demonstrate overall academic capability. Don’t do throw away courses, as that is harder to justify. It doesn’t have to be sciences, but it could be helpful for writing the MCAT. 

Personally I went back to school for a year and got a 4.0. It’s doable, but takes commitment.