Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS down but need to accept offer

Hi guys, I was very recently moved off of a waitlist and given just 4 days to accept my offer, but I noticed that the link for OMSAS doesn't seem available for me. I brought up this to my school, to which they said I still have to meet the deadline no matter what, and OMSAS hasn't answered my email yet.

Does anyone know how to deal with this situation?

i think OMSAS for the "past" cycle is already removed

You should ask your school how you can "accept" the offer if the portal isn't there anymore; in the meanwhile you can try calling/livechatting OMSAS - i think the response time might be faster than if you were to email

Edit: in the past I believe if you got off a waitlist, you first "accept" the offer via email from the school, and then the school uploads the offer onto OMSAS for you to accept a couple days later. So not sure how that would work now if OMSAS isn't even there lol

Def e-mail the school about this notifying them that you firmly accept their offer. That should be enough until they reply re:the omsas side of it, because yeah this past year's portal is closed now. I imagine they won't require you to do anything on omsas at this stage. Gratz on the offer though!

1 hour ago, TheFlyGuy said:

Def e-mail the school about this notifying them that you firmly accept their offer. That should be enough until they reply re:the omsas side of it, because yeah this past year's portal is closed now. I imagine they won't require you to do anything on omsas at this stage. Gratz on the offer though!

1 hour ago, hehe123 said:

i think OMSAS for the "past" cycle is already removed

You should ask your school how you can "accept" the offer if the portal isn't there anymore; in the meanwhile you can try calling/livechatting OMSAS - i think the response time might be faster than if you were to email

Edit: in the past I believe if you got off a waitlist, you first "accept" the offer via email from the school, and then the school uploads the offer onto OMSAS for you to accept a couple days later. So not sure how that would work now if OMSAS isn't even there lol

Thank you guys both for the advice, but when I basically emailed the school saying this, they told me I still needed to accept it on OMSAS and said "there should be no reason that you cannot accept your offer on OMSAS as we have spoken with them to confirm that you are able to."

Not only that, but OMSAS is not taking calls or answering my emails. 

That's really odd. Can you get to the login page? I couldn't find it on the site, but if you use the direct link (https://www.ouac.on.ca/apply/omsas/en_CA/user/login) I can get to my login page. When I try to log in it tells me my application is closed, but maybe yours is still open? If not I would reply back and tell them that the platform has closed for the year and ask them explicitly what they would like you to do to proceed. 

3 minutes ago, TheFlyGuy said:

That's really odd. Can you get to the login page? I couldn't find it on the site, but if you use the direct link (https://www.ouac.on.ca/apply/omsas/en_CA/user/login) I can get to my login page. When I try to log in it tells me my application is closed, but maybe yours is still open? If not I would reply back and tell them that the platform has closed for the year and ask them explicitly what they would like you to do to proceed. 

Yeah mine says it's closed too. That's probably the only thing that I can do at this point, but I'll probably give it a day or two for OMSAS to reply. 

Thanks for the advice

11 minutes ago, aeoaeoaeo said:

Thank you guys both for the advice, but when I basically emailed the school saying this, they told me I still needed to accept it on OMSAS and said "there should be no reason that you cannot accept your offer on OMSAS as we have spoken with them to confirm that you are able to."

Not only that, but OMSAS is not taking calls or answering my emails. 

just for accountability's sake maybe like respond to your school with screenshots of what you see when you log in  - obviously frame it respectfully :)

On another note, do you guys happen to know how sending in the final transcript works? Is it done electronically through the OMSAS website like during the initial submission?

The reason I ask is because I missed the original deadline (since I was still on the waitlist), and have now been told that I need to submit a new transcript with my updated credits.

I remember I checked my OMSAS (randomly) a few days ago so I'm guessing that last year's portal very recently got shut down, which may be why Queen's thinks that you're still able to access it. Personally with only 4 days, I would email Queen's again right away with the screenshots to be extra safe- but that's just me. As for the transcript, for uOttawa we had to submit it through OMSAS again so I assume Queen's wants the same, although this is again complicated if OMSAS is closed now