Premed 101 Forums

Sketch question - pharmacy residency

Hi everyone,

I am currently a hospital pharmacist and have completed a clinical pharmacy residency. This was a year long program that included about 8 different clinical rotations (ie. emerg, ICU, psychiatry etc) usually x 4 weeks each.

My question is, what would be the best way to enter this? I could do it as a single entry (2500+ hours) or break it down into 8ish different entries (ie. emerg rotation x 250hr etc). Any advice or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Personally, I would keep it as one entry to free up more entries for other things, but that totally depends on how many things you have to say. I filled all 32 entries on my ABS and still had a bunch of stuff I had to cut out, so I would not have been able to spare 8 entries for one thing. The general advice people give is to have quality over quantity on your ABS (20 long-term activities are better than 32 short ones), but it is still good to show that you're a well-rounded person with a fair number of interests/ECs. 32 entries for everything you've done since age 16 is not that much imo. But as I said, in the end it really comes down to you and how many ECs you have. If you truly have the space to spare 8 entries for this, then I would do it, but if not then I would do one entry

As an allied HCP, I also have clinical rotations I am adding to my ABS and adding on the ‘Others’ Section for all the different rotations I did.

I’m personally adding them as separate entries and only the ones where I’m still in contact w my preceptors to verify it for me and ones I thought made an impact on me. 

Thanks so much for the input! that makes a lot of sense. Starting to think that ill keep it to just one entry - as it already has another entry for the research I did as part of the program. I might consider adding one of my more meaningful rotations into the "other" section if I have room at the end. Thanks again everyone