Premed 101 Forums

3rd Successive 30 CH Question

Hey guys! 

I began filling out my grades for section 2, and picked the last 60 CH option for my GPA calculation. I noticed that I am given the option to fill out a third successive 30 CH year. Does anyone know if I have to fill this out? I already filled out my 1st and 2nd successive years including winter 2020, so I'm not sure whether or not to leave it blank. 

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Dancegal said:

Sorry unrelated but is first successive year winter 2020/fall 2019? I was under the impression 3rd successive year meant 3rd year of study.

I was talking to admissions, and they told me to not put a third successive year as my gpa is being calculated from the last 2. I put first successive as the fall 2019/winter 2020 year and second successive as the year before that. 

I felt that made the most sense since we had to list it in reverse chronological order!

Hey, I'm so confused. I understand that I should enter my most recent year first, but I am at a loss how to enter individual classes or if it matters. Should I enter going from the bottom of the transcript up, or vice versa? Should I start with Winter first, then Fall? Or do they just care that the last 30 CH are entered first? I might be overthinking this?

12 minutes ago, AKtoQC said:

Hey, I'm so confused. I understand that I should enter my most recent year first, but I am at a loss how to enter individual classes or if it matters. Should I enter going from the bottom of the transcript up, or vice versa? Should I start with Winter first, then Fall? Or do they just care that the last 30 CH are entered first? I might be overthinking this?

Enter most recent courses first!

4 hours ago, goldenelephant said:

Hey, this might be a stupid question, but I was wondering where you saw these instructions? I couldn't find anything that mentioned them preferring that you list your most recent courses first.

Not stupid at all! It says to enter them in reverse chronological order starting with most recent courses. It states this at the bottom of the online transcript entry! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, Premedwithadream said:

So does "1st successive 30 credit hours" mean most recent 30 hours? So if I just finished 3rd year, my 3rd year would be my "first" successive 30 credit hours, and 2nd year would be my "second" successive 30 credit hours?

I emailed them and they said that the most recent year would be the 1st successive 30 credit hours. So your 3rd year would be your 1st successive, and 2nd year would be your 2nd successive!!