Premed 101 Forums

Registration for MD2024 Class

Yeah I emailed her 2 weeks ago and she said this

"I am currently working on reviewing the transcripts to ensure everyone is still meeting all of the admissions requirements.

Once this step is complete, our first year Coordinator will do the course registration and then we will be able to send you a confirmation email which will include the procedure to request a confirmation of enrollment letter. We anticipate to have completed all the steps within the next week or two if all goes well."

So.. maybe it depends on the coordinator now?

36 minutes ago, UwoToUo said:

Yeah I emailed her 2 weeks ago and she said this

"I am currently working on reviewing the transcripts to ensure everyone is still meeting all of the admissions requirements.

Once this step is complete, our first year Coordinator will do the course registration and then we will be able to send you a confirmation email which will include the procedure to request a confirmation of enrollment letter. We anticipate to have completed all the steps within the next week or two if all goes well."

So.. maybe it depends on the coordinator now?

LOL it has already been 2 weeks. Does that mean we're in the clear now? :D

5 hours ago, SnowmanTheSWOMEN said:

Didn't she say we would be registered mid to late July?

I'm pretty sure they first said it would be a rolling basis starting mid-late June... then it got changed to early July... then late July.. now who knows lol, I'm not going to believe anything until they send out the registration email :blink:

Someone on the Facebook group said this yesterday - “Hey everyone! We've been in touch with the Director of Admissions Dr. Lemay late yesterday evening to check up on this. The delay in registration of students has been due to an IT issue on the University's end. Needless to say they were hoping this would already be done, and are very close to sending you your confirmation emails once the issue is resolved.”

So it might be sorted out soon, hoping for this week.

10 minutes ago, UwoToUo said:

Someone on the Facebook group said this yesterday - “Hey everyone! We've been in touch with the Director of Admissions Dr. Lemay late yesterday evening to check up on this. The delay in registration of students has been due to an IT issue on the University's end. Needless to say they were hoping this would already be done, and are very close to sending you your confirmation emails once the issue is resolved.”

So it might be sorted out soon, hoping for this week.

Feels like it means that we've passed the acceptance conditions by now. There was another comment on the Facebook group that says the delay is also due to the amount of comprehensive info that's gonna come with that email (e.g. O-week, class schedules, etc.), which they are still working on to finalize. 

3 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

Feels like it means that we've passed the acceptance conditions by now. There was another comment on the Facebook group that says the delay is also due to the amount of comprehensive info that's gonna come with that email (e.g. O-week, class schedules, etc.), which they are still working on to finalize. 

Oh I didn't see that. I guess everything they're planning is going to be through the official emails, singing up for oweek time slots/etc, so pleeassse Ottawa at least just give us our accounts tomorrow. That's the bare minimum for them to give me access to my LOC :unsure:

I wish they would give us the OK to move at least, especially because orientation starts late august. I have a few friends that have been holding off from signing a lease and a lot of places are now signing for September 1st. I also have been waiting to sublet my place asap so I don't pay double rent :(. I hope we hear back soon.

10 hours ago, UwoToUo said:

Oh I didn't see that. I guess everything they're planning is going to be through the official emails, singing up for oweek time slots/etc, so pleeassse Ottawa at least just give us our accounts tomorrow. That's the bare minimum for them to give me access to my LOC :unsure:

I mean I signed with Scotia and I already have access to my LOC. They just required my deposit ($1000) receipt and Diane's confirmation email that it was received. 

30 minutes ago, FocacciaBread said:

I wish they would give us the OK to move at least, especially because orientation starts late august. I have a few friends that have been holding off from signing a lease and a lot of places are now signing for September 1st. I also have been waiting to sublet my place asap so I don't pay double rent :(. I hope we hear back soon.

Yeah I agree. The least they could do is send out an email saying "You all have met the acceptance conditions. We are just working on finalizing a few details"

1 hour ago, popfossa said:

Yeah I agree. The least they could do is send out an email saying "You all have met the acceptance conditions. We are just working on finalizing a few details"

Yeah, I totally agree. While I completely understand that IT issues is outside of anyone's control and it must be stressful on admissions,  letting us know that we have met the acceptance conditions is doable and makes the transition to medical school less stressful than it already is, especially with the uncertainty of the curriculum due to COVID. Rushing last minute find housing/roommates, book flights, buy furniture, settle in, get LOC (RBC requires you to be fully registered) is going to add unnecessary stress. :(

23 minutes ago, FocacciaBread said:

Yeah, I totally agree. While I completely understand that IT issues is outside of anyone's control and it must be stressful on admissions,  letting us know that we have met the acceptance conditions is doable and makes the transition to medical school less stressful than it already is, especially with the uncertainty of the curriculum due to COVID. Rushing last minute find housing/roommates, book flights, buy furniture, settle in, get LOC (RBC requires you to be fully registered) is going to add unnecessary stress. :(

I bit the bullet and emailed to ask them the exact same thing... Hopefully, we'll hear back soon.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, popfossa said:

I mean I signed with Scotia and I already have access to my LOC. They just required my deposit ($1000) receipt and Diane's confirmation email that it was received. 

If you don’t mind me asking, did you get an official receipt from Ottawa? If so who should I ask for it? I consulted with kyu and he said it would have to be the official receipt. Thanks!

48 minutes ago, UwoToUo said:

If you don’t mind me asking, did you get an official receipt from Ottawa? If so who should I ask for it? I consulted with kyu and he said it would have to be the official receipt. Thanks!

It was from Diane, she sent me an email saying she is confirming that she got the $1000 deposit and I took a screenshot

51 minutes ago, UwoToUo said:

Personally I just used the transaction receipt from my bank when I paid the deposit- I also went with Kyu and Scotia and that was fine for them!

27 minutes ago, UwoToUo said:

Thank you all for the information. Was that all you needed or was there something like you would eventually need to provide your timetable/more info later?

I think once we get our official accounts, we could send him a letter of enrollment. Since they would actually need to confirm our enrollment annually anyway 

5 hours ago, FocacciaBread said:

Feels like being waitlisted all over again 

Every time I see a new email in my inbox my heart jumps a little bit, and then I sigh once again when it's not the university. It just sucks that our offers are technically "conditional" until we get the confirmation email finalizing our admissions. It's crazy that people are going to be moving in this weekend and we still aren't fully registered.

16 minutes ago, medhopeful2020 said:

Every time I see a new email in my inbox my heart jumps a little bit, and then I sigh once again when it's not the university. It just sucks that our offers are technically "conditional" until we get the confirmation email finalizing our admissions. It's crazy that people are going to be moving in this weekend and we still aren't fully registered.

I know... This sucks. Baddddd :(