Premed 101 Forums

Registration for MD2024 Class

2 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

yeah I think the class schedule is definitely mixed up between the two terms. We have like 3 long days as it is looking right now lol.

If you go to your statement of account, you'll see that the Fall term 2020 is listed with 18.00 credits right now, where there should only be 9.00 (compared to the Winter term) so I think the scheduling system has some issues atm.

Okay thanks so much, glad I'm not the only one then :)

20 hours ago, Psych said:

Is anyone planning on bringing their parents/friends/relatives with them for registration? I know this wouldn't normally happen, but since the white coat ceremony is presumably cancelled or at least postponed and this is when we'll be getting them, I'm thinking of bringing my parents with me for getting my coat and maybe to get a few pictures. I'm just wondering if anyone else is considering this or if it would be weird or inappropriate

I'm sure you saw the email just now but they said you can't bring anyone in with you.

5 minutes ago, premed72 said:

So like, you cant bring people into the building (as expected). But is it safe to say that we can take pics and stuff with family OUTSIDE the building? LOOL just trying to figure out if my parents should come or not. What's everyone else planning to do? 

I think outside should be fine. they can't really ban people from gathering in small groups (up to 50 peeps now?) so you should be okay!

11 minutes ago, Psych said:

Does anyone know how to access things in the Student Zone area of the faculty of medicine website? Signing in using my uOttawa email and password doesn't work. I also tried with just the part at the start of my email as the username and that didn't work either

I think in her registration e-mail Chantal said that instructions on how to set that up and Elentra and other course-related things will come later or in the introductory week. :D

8 hours ago, SnowmanTheSWOMEN said:

Weird... When I click on SIM, which should be on Tuesdays from 1030-1230, you see that SIM classes are scattered throughout the week, sometimes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Is the schedule not final?

They're probably still finalizing the schedule! 

1 hour ago, DrOtter said:

Tuition + fees are out you guyzzz. I'm glad to see U-Pass and the shuttle making the comeback for this year :D

That's great! Where can you see that? I've not been able to find it :mellow:

Also, does anyone know if we have any in-person activities on August 31st? or perhaps when we might get info about the hybrid curriculum... or anything else for that matter hahah

6 hours ago, MedSchoolHope101 said:

Thank you @SnowmanTheSWOMEN 

My schedule on Elentra has been updated for the first week and it does not correspond to that hybrid model as there seem to be some activites at RGN throughout the week. Not sure which one to follow

I'm looking on Elentra and for me it's the first day (aug 31) that's in person. The rest is virtual. Is that what is showing for you?

7 hours ago, MedSchoolHope101 said:

That's great! Where can you see that? I've not been able to find it :mellow:

Also, does anyone know if we have any in-person activities on August 31st? or perhaps when we might get info about the hybrid curriculum... or anything else for that matter hahah

On uOzone. If you look in Applications, then Account Summary

1 minute ago, worst24hours said:

So no information package ever? This is getting dumb

I mean what more are we waiting for here? We have the tentative class schedule (both monthly and weekly), the survival guide, O-Week and Registration info packages. I don't see what more there is to be published in the "info package". Everything else we will get introduced to during O-week and the intro to the profession lectures.

Do you guys think they are still working on the Elentra schedule? 

I am a bit confused when comparing it to the schedule that was just released in the fb group ... where/ when to show up for the first week and how the virtual session will be delivered? 

Please tell me I'm not the only confused one :(