Premed 101 Forums

Application feedback

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. I had a question regarding U of A feedback letters. So, I received my scores and my stats vs those who were offered interview are as follows:

My stats: GPA 3.79, MCAT 128.75, Personal activities = 6/17

Those offered interviews: GPA 3.82, MCAT 128.24, Personal activities = 6/17.

So, I was wondering based on this information, what could be the reason that I wasn't even granted an interview?

Any advice is appreciated. 

21 minutes ago, GH0ST said:

The interview will always be graded... don't let pass / fail fool you.

If it's just pass and fail then the interview score for all those who pass would be equivalent... this is simply not the case. 

There is a difference between insightful answers and someone that can just answer a question. 

- G

I think @jphogenbach267 did not get an interview at all and is asking why that might have been given that their stats are similar to those who were offered an interview

Pretty puzzling result. I don't really know how you could not be offered an interview besides not meeting some sort of other threshold or cutoff they have, such as CASPer, references, or some sort of verification endorsment like others have mentioned. I would be curious as to whether anyone has any alternative explanations. I have personally wondered whether the score distributions are heavily skewed, resulting in mean scores that aren't neccesarily representative of what is needed to obtain an interview.