Premed 101 Forums

Hello! A massive chunk of my life has been dedicated to my sport, so I have like 20 entries relating to it (lol). I definitely don't have the typical premed profile so if there's anyone willing to help I'd massively appreciate it! I want to do my experiences justice and would appreciate any guidance for writing my entries. Please message me if you have experience listing sports on the ABS :) 

• 4 weeks later...

There are def great skills learning and demonstrated through sport - I too found that I had a lot of sports entires, but I grouped a lot of them together. ie. I put all my high school team sports as one entry - “student athlete” and then explained which sports I played and what teams I had leadership roles on. Then I grouped all of my undergrad intramurals and then group grad degree intramurals, with a few stand alone entries when it felt appropriate. 

I would say my general feeling is that you might not want to overload you ABS with individual entries that may get repetitive. A stand alone entry should be unique/ significant in some way. Someone else might be able to offer you a different perspective but that is my general advice! 

good luck! 

there's nothing wrong with a sports heavy ABS, so long as it's not literally the only thing you've done. Just emphasize canMED roles when you write your ABS & essays. Use your discretion- as the above poster said, 15 more-or-less identical entries will come across badly, so make sure each role touches on different parts of the framework.

• 1 year later...

Sports are wonderful. Sports make us feel much more confident, healthier, and stronger. These are very useful qualities that will come in handy in life. Before I started playing sports, I was an insecure person. Now that I have achieved my goal and have a body that I am completely satisfied with, the world seems a much easier place. I also think a huge amount of attention needs to be paid to supplements. For example, I take RAD 140, which allows me to raise my testosterone levels. It also makes me feel a lot better. If you try to start exercising once, you won't be able to stop.