Premed 101 Forums

Update on the "hybrid" curriculum

25 minutes ago, petitmonstre111 said:

Here is the English stream timetable.

Capture-2.png

Thank you so much! 

1) Weird seeing an anatomy lab on Tuesday, thought every lab component was on Thursday. I presume that labs are optional, as indicayed on Elentra?

2) PSD; any idea what the "or" entails? Are we given flexibility in choosing?

I heard from upper years that they’re gonna give us another password to access those types of files specific to the medicine program (I.e. lecture notes, etc.) so it’s normal we don’t have access right now :) maybe petit monstre coincidentally got assigned the same password for both elentra/uozone and med related documents

Welcome to the uOttawa med family :D I’m sorry it’s been so stressful for you guys regarding not knowing what the exact plans are for this upcoming school year. I’m not sure what the plans are either, but I can guarantee that the faculty is working hard to put in place the best plan for you guys as possible. They just extensively reworked our 3rd and 4th year curriculums to allow us to continue clinical duties and electives safely in the context of the pandemic and public health recommendations, and I think they’ve done a great job so far with being transparent and advocating in our best interests. They really are wonderful and I can assure you guys that they genuinely care about students’ well-being and learning. :) So, I hope the answers are coming soon for you guys! 

Regarding the schedule, we don’t use the one on uozone. We only ever used the one on Elentra/the faculty website (https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/faculty/prof-zone - both this and Elentra should eventually be the same). I hope that helps at least a little bit. :)

After seeing our schedule on Elantra where we don't seem to have any in person sessions (PSD) till the end of October/November, I am planning on just flying in to Ottawa for the few sessions we have. I don't think we have anything else in person, other than the registration next week. Are a couple of you planning to do the same? 

2 hours ago, sunnycalifornia said:

After seeing our schedule on Elantra where we don't seem to have any in person sessions (PSD) till the end of October/November, I am planning on just flying in to Ottawa for the few sessions we have. I don't think we have anything else in person, other than the registration next week. Are a couple of you planning to do the same? 

Same here

On 8/22/2020 at 2:24 PM, sunnycalifornia said:

Yes, same here. Appears virtual for me. Anyone know if our midterm will be virtual as well?

On 8/22/2020 at 2:24 PM, sunnycalifornia said:

yike