Premed 101 Forums

BC residency question!

56 minutes ago, Blank7 said:

I currently live in BC and is a BC resident. I'm heading to UofT for undergrad soon. If I maintain my MSP coverage, will I still be considered a IP applicant in the future? 

Thanks very much!

Under the current rules, yes, but no guarantee it won’t change in the future.

Not totally relevant to what you are asking. But if I may offer some advice, do not go to u of t for undergrad unless you are willing to risk your GPA. I am saying this as an u of t graduate with 98%ile MCAT and a shit GPA to med school standard. 
I only realized this after I finished so I thought I would let you know before someone tells you “ no one forced you to attend U of T in 4 years from now. 

9 hours ago, sorrynotsorry said:

Not totally relevant to what you are asking. But if I may offer some advice, do not go to u of t for undergrad unless you are willing to risk your GPA. I am saying this as an u of t graduate with 98%ile MCAT and a shit GPA to med school standard. 
I only realized this after I finished so I thought I would let you know before someone tells you “ no one forced you to attend U of T in 4 years from now. 

I echo this. Avoid UofT if possible

2 hours ago, Vancouver Premed said:

I agree with all the comments above... if you look at most of the matriculants for U of T med, most of the people in the program are from McMaster and not from U of T itself.

I know its a risk, I thought about it a lot beforehand but I still wanted to go to UofT. Plus I can't exactly turn back at this point. I'll just have to do my best. Plus, if someone attending Uoft made it in, then why can't I? The reason I would fail is because of my own lack of effort

2 minutes ago, Blank7 said:

I know its a risk, I thought about it a lot beforehand but I still wanted to go to UofT. Plus I can't exactly turn back at this point. I'll just have to do my best. Plus, if someone attending Uoft made it in, then why can't I? The reason I would fail is because of my own lack of effort

The words of every high school student before attending university ever.  Good luck.

46 minutes ago, Blank7 said:

Fair enough, I am glad that you made an informed decision. I wish you all the best with your studies :)