Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

With around an 85% average you would need an extremely high NAQ score to make the interview cutoff. That's generally why those who get OOP interviews have averages above 90. Rural or not, you'll need a near perfect NAQ to get an interview. Worth a shot if you feel you've got great non-academics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, HugeEuge said:

With around an 85% average you would need an extremely high NAQ score to make the interview cutoff. That's generally why those who get OOP interviews have averages above 90. Rural or not, you'll need a near perfect NAQ to get an interview. Worth a shot if you feel you've got great non-academics.

Thanks! Which GPA would be good enough to not need an extremely high NAQ score? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, not me said:

I'm in the exact same situation. I am even thinking about moving to BC for work and then apply the next round. Have anyone tried that?

Since it doesn't actually take super long (compared to some of the other provinces that is) to gain IP status in BC, I do know that there are some applicants who do indeed do this

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Don't take this as fact but I've heard the timeframe of 6 months talked about in other threads (I believe)

It comes from this website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible

You need a BC Services card to be considered IP, and you can apply for this card after 6 months of living in BC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, theevilsloth said:

It comes from this website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible

You need a BC Services card to be considered IP, and you can apply for this card after 6 months of living in BC.

I’ll just add you must have the actual card by the application deadline in order to apply (UBC won’t accept any other proof of coverage / MSP enrollment), so depending on processing time this could take longer than 6 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, frenchpress said:

I’ll just add you must have the actual card by the application deadline in order to apply (UBC won’t accept any other proof of coverage / MSP enrollment), so depending on processing time this could take longer than 6 months.

For sure! For some it can take a couple of months to get this card I believe

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...