Premed 101 Forums

DAT---- MDT Soap Buying

Ive taken the DAT, but retaking and doing MDT, wondering where people bought their soap. 

Did you just buy the 6 packs from CDA website 6 soaps for $40 

Or there is a website that sells DAT soap carving https://www.datsoapcarving.ca/soaps.php

and it's 12 soaps for $55 or 24 soaps for $98. Has anyone bought from them ??? 

Id just like some reviews or even how many soaps you went through practicing ? 

I only bought soaps from the CDA website (2 packs of 6 soaps). By the time I found out about the datcarvingsoap website, they were sold out (for a few weeks so if you want some from this website, I suggest you buy them sooner rather than later) ... from what I've heard, the test soap texture is closer to the datcarvingsoap texture (please correct me if I'm wrong).

As for how many soaps ... as I mentioned, I only had 12 soaps to practice on and I wish I would have bought more, at least another pack.

54 minutes ago, Maggiie19 said:

I only bought soaps from the CDA website (2 packs of 6 soaps). By the time I found out about the datcarvingsoap website, they were sold out (for a few weeks so if you want some from this website, I suggest you buy them sooner rather than later) ... from what I've heard, the test soap texture is closer to the datcarvingsoap texture (please correct me if I'm wrong).

As for how many soaps ... as I mentioned, I only had 12 soaps to practice on and I wish I would have bought more, at least another pack.

Did you do a soap a week? or How long did you prep carving the soaps, the DAT is almost 3 weeks later this year so just want an idea to buy 12 or 24 and the DAT prep kit has 6 included i believe. 

17 hours ago, futureDr.C said:

Did you do a soap a week? or How long did you prep carving the soaps, the DAT is almost 3 weeks later this year so just want an idea to buy 12 or 24 and the DAT prep kit has 6 included i believe. 

I started carving the last week of September, did one each Wednesday and Saturday until the week before the test where I did one every other day, if I remember correctly.

• 1 year later...

I also started a year ago to buy soaps at a lower price and to carve them. I did this more out of passion because I gave them to acquaintances and friends. But I gave up this practice because I no longer use such soaps. I already buy natural soaps from https://mildsoaps.com/unscented-fragrance-free/, which are a bit more expensive, but instead, I know for sure that they are made from natural ingredients, hypoallergenic, and perfect for my sensitive skin. A bar of soap lasts more than one month.