Premed 101 Forums

CASPer snapshot required for this cycle

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

hey, is that true ? I can't find the «snapshot» specificity on their website. 

I hope not, because from what I read, it is like a mini-MMI where you record your answers......

I can't find it on the official website either, but I just found this screenshot on another forum from someone who emailed them. Part of me is really hoping that this is just a photoshopped image but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was required. 

I emailed about this and this was their response:

I wish to inform you the we recommend that all candidates complete the CASPer Snapshot.

Please note that beginning with the current application cycle, for admission to the MD program in the fall of 2021, the Admissions Office will calculate a cumulative grade point average (cGPA).Please visit our website at the following address https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions   

Thank you for your interest in our MD Program.

Diane Parent

25 minutes ago, poorpremed said:

I emailed about this and this was their response:

I wish to inform you the we recommend that all candidates complete the CASPer Snapshot.

Please note that beginning with the current application cycle, for admission to the MD program in the fall of 2021, the Admissions Office will calculate a cumulative grade point average (cGPA).Please visit our website at the following address https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions   

Thank you for your interest in our MD Program.

Diane Parent

yeah they have to really careful with the language here - "recommended" is not the same as "required". 

I am assuming it is actually required. 

Am I wrong here to expect that people would respond more positively to this requirement? CASPer has been known to be extremely biased against non-native English speakers and slow typers, as well as providing a rather artificial perspective of the candidates' potential. Doing the Snapshot will provide candidates with a chance to more realistically present themselves than a few hundread keystrokes, won't it?

Soz just a bit confused. I would have so appreciated Snapshot in addition to typed responses for my cycle. :D