Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

On 2/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, PTKAD said:

Hey! Are there any Dal PT applicants on here? Has anyone heard back yet? I know they only anticipate notifying applicants by end of March. Thanks!

Hey, I applied Dal PT (OOP)! they are super slow. since there is no interview for this year, I guess we just need to wait until then?

4 minutes ago, 2021 said:

Hi guys! i got an invite for Kira talent as well for MAC

Do you guys know if everyone receives this? or is just a handful of students? 

estimate of how many people get this interview???

I believe everyone who meets the GPA cut off of 3.3 (can’t remember which GPA)

7 hours ago, 2021 said:

Hi guys! i got an invite for Kira talent as well for MAC

Do you guys know if everyone receives this? or is just a handful of students? 

estimate of how many people get this interview???

According to their website...All applicants with a 3.3/4.0 (B+ or 77% or 9/12) sub-GPA and who have met the requirements for the four pre-requisite courses, will be invited to participate in an online interview. 

21 hours ago, pt90 said:

Hey, I applied Dal PT (OOP)! they are super slow. since there is no interview for this year, I guess we just need to wait until then?

The Dal PT website now says acceptances are going to be sent in April-end, no longer March-end :( I don't understand why they need extra time if they cancelled the interview process

Hi Everyone! 

For those of you also attending a UBC OT interview, what did you decide to send in as your photo? Was it professionally taken or at home? I have taken mine at home but am struggling to size the image down accordingly (50mm x 70mm), as when I do it becomes pixilated... is this the case for anyone else?

Thanks very much

On 2/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, OTGIRLL said:

Hi Everyone! 

For those of you also attending a UBC OT interview, what did you decide to send in as your photo? Was it professionally taken or at home? I have taken mine at home but am struggling to size the image down accordingly (50mm x 70mm), as when I do it becomes pixilated... is this the case for anyone else?

Thanks very much

On 2/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, HarDaPT said:

Hey, I had a quick question about Mac`s Kira talent interview. Did it require both written and verbal responses? And any tips for it?

from what i remember it had both. Tips honestly just be your self, comfortable and calm. Explain your reasoning for your answers. I talked about alot of volunteer stuff in my interview and dont even think I ended up talking about physio honestly lol 

10 hours ago, OTGIRLL said:

Hi Everyone! 

Thanks very much

I just got it taken at London drugs because I couldn't get the sizing right myself 

11 hours ago, OTGIRLL said:

Hi Everyone! 

Thanks very much

Hi

I took a photo of myself and sent it. I didn't size it down or anything haha

Hi all,

I have an interview for UBC MOT

1. was wondering if anyone knew the process for the MMI? I understand that there will be 3 different interviewers, but I am anxious as that's all I am aware of.

- Will it be less normal, like a conversation? 

- or more like the med school MMI where you have time to think of your response?

2. Anyone know how many people are accepted in total?

- I think its 48 domestic, 8 rural/northern applicants, 8 international.

- And is there any info on how many apply/get an interview from domestic, rural, and international

thank you!!

On 2/9/2021 at 1:50 PM, OTwannabe2021 said:

Just wondering if any current OT students could explain how online classes are going? How many times have you actually had to be on campus/in person (not including placements)?? If any Mac, Queens, Western, or Toronto students could reply that would be awesome!

Just curious incase next year is online too

Hi there! I'm a first-year OT student at UofT, St. George campus right now. We have been online since September, with the exception of a 3-day placement in October (in-person and online options). We have a 2-month, in-person block coming up from April to May for learning practical skills, and will be doing online placements over the summer. Hoping to be hybrid in September. Online has definitely been a struggle, and can feel isolating at times, but there are a lot of incredible people in the program, and we've all been trying to support each other. I really appreciated UofT's decision to stay online, and just have 2 months of in-person learning all at once, just because it's more feasible for those of us not currently living in Toronto, and helps us avoid paying rent.

If you have any other questions let me know, and good luck!