Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

4 minutes ago, DALPTOT19992021 said:

Dal OT applicants, I saw someone say their application status changed to "decision made" instead of written notification to follow... Has this been the case for anyone else? Here is what mine shows:image.png.e13270f8908c442218778769ce350977.png

Mine looks exactly like yours. Just checked it again now.

2 hours ago, DALPTOT19992021 said:

Dal OT applicants, I saw someone say their application status changed to "decision made" instead of written notification to follow... Has this been the case for anyone else? Here is what mine shows:image.png.e13270f8908c442218778769ce350977.png

Mine looks exactly like yours too! Are you OOP as well???

Received my rejection letter from UBC today at 3:04 pm (PST). 

Congratulations to everyone who got in!

Did anyone get waitlisted?

Does anyone feel it was actually more competitive this year? I feel as though last years applicants were hesitant to apply and waited until this year.

I'll be back and applying again next year. :)

1 hour ago, gotham13 said:

Received my rejection letter from UBC today at 3:04 pm (PST). 

Congratulations to everyone who got in!

Did anyone get waitlisted?

Does anyone feel it was actually more competitive this year? I feel as though last years applicants were hesitant to apply and waited until this year.

I'll be back and applying again next year. :)

That's too bad about UBC for you. :-( 

I don't know if it was significantly more competitive this year or not, but if it was, it wouldn't be due to any hesitation from last year's applicants. All of the applications were due long before any one knew that the school year would be negatively affected. Even if a couple of people somehow foresaw it, it's so hard to get into these programs that I don't think they would have waited anyways. As well, all of the programs still took full class sizes, without allowing deferrals, so the same amount of people got in last year as the number of spots available this year.

My UBC PT offer came from the graduate applications portal Thursday, April 14th at 10:28am PST but the actual email from the department came later at 2:41pm PST.

Applied + (PT): UBC, UT, Mac, Western, Queens
Accepted: UBC
Waitlisted: 
Rejected: UT
GPA: 3.77 
Perceived strength of interviews: first time applicant, excellent interviews for UBC and Mac, felt very prepared; 

references: strong academic and personal references, prof that I knew for all 4 years of undergrad and employer that I worked for for two years as a respite worker

experience: yoga teacher (80+ hours) peer support volunteer, working in clinical environment in mental health industry, respite worker for individual with a motor disability (2000+ hours), volunteered in a sports physio clinic (100 hours) and neurorehabilitation clinic (50 hours), took a year off after undergrad to work then went back to school to take prerequisite courses and upgrade the GPA

Hey everyone! I just had a quick question regarding Dal's prerequisite courses. I know it's kind of late to be asking these questions but I've seen discrepancies between the FAQ's pdf and the Graduate Studies How to Apply Page. The FAQ's pdf says that 6 credit hours (full credit) in physiology and 3 credit hours (half credit) in anatomy are required whereas the How to Apply page says that only 3 credit hours (half credit) are required for both physiology and anatomy. I can't remember what the supplementary application form asked for and was wondering if anyone does? 

4 hours ago, LetMeInOT said:

Hey everyone! I just had a quick question regarding Dal's prerequisite courses. I know it's kind of late to be asking these questions but I've seen discrepancies between the FAQ's pdf and the Graduate Studies How to Apply Page. The FAQ's pdf says that 6 credit hours (full credit) in physiology and 3 credit hours (half credit) in anatomy are required whereas the How to Apply page says that only 3 credit hours (half credit) are required for both physiology and anatomy. I can't remember what the supplementary application form asked for and was wondering if anyone does? 

Hey when I emailed Kelly (the admissions officer), she said you need 6 credits in human physiology.

4 hours ago, LetMeInOT said:

Hi there! On the supplementary info form it asked which human phys credit you'd like to include in the prereq GPA calculation and said that it must have a 3 credit minimum. This translates to a single semester course at Dal.

49 minutes ago, OT2911 said:

Hi there! On the supplementary info form it asked which human phys credit you'd like to include in the prereq GPA calculation and said that it must have a 3 credit minimum. This translates to a single semester course at Dal.

59 minutes ago, Physio19 said:

Hey when I emailed Kelly (the admissions officer), she said you need 6 credits in human physiology.

Oh interesting... I think I remember choosing a half credit for both human physiology and anatomy if that's what the supplementary info form asked for. Maybe you can choose a full year course (6 hour credit) if that's the only physiology course you took in 3rd/4th year. Either way, I took a full year physiology course in my upper years but I didn't choose it because my GPA was better on the half credit. I hope that's okay. 

2 hours ago, LetMeInOT said:

Oh interesting... I think I remember choosing a half credit for both human physiology and anatomy if that's what the supplementary info form asked for. Maybe you can choose a full year course (6 hour credit) if that's the only physiology course you took in 3rd/4th year. Either way, I took a full year physiology course in my upper years but I didn't choose it because my GPA was better on the half credit. I hope that's okay. 

They changed it! It used to be 6 but they changed it to 3. You may have been looking at an older page