Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

On 2/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, OT-InTheMaking-2020 said:

Hey! What was queens c-GPA cutoff last year?

thanks! 

Hey!

This is what they have on their website under FAQs

Question: Can you provide an estimate of the sub GPA and cumulative GPA cut-offs for this year?
Answer: We use cumulative GPA for our admissions process, and the cut off varies by year, depending on the applicant pool. In 2019, we had 807 applicants, and the initial cut off was 3.2/4.0 cumulative GPA to proceed to full review, and the overall cumulative GPA average of students who received a first round offer was 3.66/4.0.

2 hours ago, OTapplicant2021 said:

Hey!

This is what they have on their website under FAQs

Question: Can you provide an estimate of the sub GPA and cumulative GPA cut-offs for this year?
Answer: We use cumulative GPA for our admissions process, and the cut off varies by year, depending on the applicant pool. In 2019, we had 807 applicants, and the initial cut off was 3.2/4.0 cumulative GPA to proceed to full review, and the overall cumulative GPA average of students who received a first round offer was 3.66/4.0.

I assume this is for OT?  Because for PT it’s a bit different as the cGPA cutoff is predetermined each year at 2.89/4.0 regardless of the applicant pool.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:24 PM, stttta said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm applying to Western for OT. Since there was no requirement for references I didn't add my references. Looking back now I'm a bit concerned if I should have added my references even though it was not a requirement. Does anyone know if Western looks at your references for OT? 

10 hours ago, zerochance said:

I assume this is for OT?  Because for PT it’s a bit different as the cGPA cutoff is predetermined each year at 2.89/4.0 regardless of the applicant pool.

Yes this is for OT

6 minutes ago, PT PT PT said:

Not sure if anyone has already asked this (sorry if it was brought up) but has anyone heard back from uoft PT yet? I only got an email from Western to set up my ID and nothing from Queens. Thanks!

I haven’t received any confirmation as well. I believe we hear from UofT at the time of the CAP and Queens, on day of admissions.

On 2/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, PTstudent2020 said:

from what i remember it had both. Tips honestly just be your self, comfortable and calm. Explain your reasoning for your answers. I talked about alot of volunteer stuff in my interview and dont even think I ended up talking about physio honestly lol 

Hey, do you have any tips on preparing for the kira talent interview. You mentioned you spoke about your personal volunteer experiences but I know the questions are pre-determined and what if the questions I get don't require me to talk about my volunteer experiences.

3 hours ago, pendingOT said:
6 hours ago, pendingOT said:

What was everyone’s subGPA for McMaster OT if you don’t mind me asking?? I had a 3.82... wondering if I haven’t heard because I was too low

I have a 3.90sGPA and I haven't heard either!! Don't worry it's not just you! I guess they are taking their sweet time this year

8 hours ago, JChen48 said:

Does anyone know if there's a fee for Mac OT interview? I know for their PT interviews, applicants have to $50 but I can't find anything about OT. Thanks!!!

There is no fee since the interviews are run by the school. I think PT has them because they are Kira Talent. Did you hear back already about OT?