Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

On 2/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, AcceptMeOT said:

the only thing I got from uoft was a survey asking for campus preference, but nothing else otherwise. 

When did you receive the campus assignment survey for UofT OT? I applied as well but never got this email! And I'm assuming it's something every applicant receives, or only select applicants?

On 3/4/2021 at 7:19 AM, OT2021OT said:

Hey not sure if anyone can answer this question, but I thought i read on this forum a few days ago that someone claimed the personal submission for western OT isnt used or read during the admissions process and that they only use it to put people in groups after they have been enrolled. Im really hoping this isnt the case, and I also dont understand why the final optional question (i dont remember the exact wording) gave you the opportunity to mention or discuss anything unusual about your application? 

If anyone can confirm they use this personal submission during the application process that would be great!

Thanks!

I was also at the Western OT information session that the other person mentioned. From what I remember at the info session, the Personal Submission is not used for admission, that admission is solely determined by your sub-GPA and CASPer score. The Personal Submission is used for placing admitted students into groups in the OT program.

45 minutes ago, OT_9821 said:

I was also at the Western OT information session that the other person mentioned. From what I remember at the info session, the Personal Submission is not used for admission, that admission is solely determined by your sub-GPA and CASPer score. The Personal Submission is used for placing admitted students into groups in the OT program.

That's so weird!!! Since it asked for a list of accomplishments/ awards, I assumed the info will be used towards admission!

4 hours ago, OT_9821 said:

Do you know if the admission is more so based on sgpa and Casper to a lower extent?  Or are both equally weighted?

On 3/7/2021 at 8:30 PM, carlgPT said:

Was the Mac Kira interview video quality bad or was it just me?

Mine was pretty bad quality and I actually e-mailed them to make sure they could actually see my ID in the first question. Tested two different cameras and it was the same for both. The lady who responded said it should be ok. Very nerve wracking though! 

1 hour ago, Soclosebutyetsofar said:

Mine was pretty bad quality and I actually e-mailed them to make sure they could actually see my ID in the first question. Tested two different cameras and it was the same for both. The lady who responded said it should be ok. Very nerve wracking though! 

Sent an e-mail and got the same response yesterday, I was so anxious haha.