Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

1 hour ago, PTgd said:

Does anyone know what the chances are to get into Dal PT as an out of province applicant? Do they reserve a set amount of seats for all OOP applicants, or does each province get a set amount of seats? Thanks!

I've heard that it is up to five from OOP. I'm from Ontario and applying, my GPA is a good amount higher than the incoming average of 3.81/4.3, but I'm not sure how competitive OOP is gonna be, and how much they will be weighing CASPer, the 500 word statement and references 

3 hours ago, OTgal2021 said:

Just realized that the McMaster OT website says 

If an applicant does not receive an invitation to MMI the application process will be considered concluded. Applicants are welcome to reapply in the following admission cycle.

Maybe they aren't sending out rejections this year. 

I am hoping that after March 11th they will send out some more invitations from the people who chose not to interview? 

1 hour ago, EkamhopefulOT said:

Hey guys I was just looking on the UofT website for OT and they updated how many applicants they had this year. This year there were 1019 applicants for anyone whos wondering! :)

I can only find 2020s, where did you see that??

On 3/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, PTbm said:

I've heard that it is up to five from OOP. I'm from Ontario and applying, my GPA is a good amount higher than the incoming average of 3.81/4.3, but I'm not sure how competitive OOP is gonna be, and how much they will be weighing CASPer, the 500 word statement and references 

Last year, they did not allow any OOP. I have an email from the admissions officer stating so. Said I would had gotten in, but with the boarder shutdown they did not allow any OOP. Hoping that changes this year. Like you, I am way above the GPA cut off and had a good CASPER score (according to the admissions officer when I asked for my weakneses)

Also got rejected from Mac OT. Good luck to everyone else:)

But starting to worry about how competitive this year is for GPAs.. does anyone know if toronto or western have a more holistic admissions process or do they mainly rely on sub gpa too? (do they actually consider your achievements or experiences)

thanks!

1 hour ago, kinestudent23 said:

Last year, they did not allow any OOP. I have an email from the admissions officer stating so. Said I would had gotten in, but with the boarder shutdown they did not allow any OOP. Hoping that changes this year. Like you, I am way above the GPA cut off and had a good CASPER score (according to the admissions officer when I asked for my weakneses)

Yeah, I haven't heard anything this year about that. I hope that it isn't, because I have been emailing the admissions coordinator quite frequently, and she hadn't mentioned anything...would be a little unfair not to state that and take everyone's 115$ application fee from OOP, knowing that they won't take any

6 minutes ago, PTbm said:

Yeah, I haven't heard anything this year about that. I hope that it isn't, because I have been emailing the admissions coordinator quite frequently, and she hadn't mentioned anything...would be a little unfair not to state that and take everyone's 115$ application fee from OOP, knowing that they won't take any

What school are you referring to? Ontario schools?

1 hour ago, OTwannabe2021 said:

Also got rejected from Mac OT. Good luck to everyone else:)

But starting to worry about how competitive this year is for GPAs.. does anyone know if toronto or western have a more holistic admissions process or do they mainly rely on sub gpa too? (do they actually consider your achievements or experiences)

thanks!

Toronto OT is more holistic, as they also look at your resume, personal statement, and references. I think they place the most emphasis on your GPA, though. It definitely is intimidating looking at the GPA increase for McMaster, and the increased applications for what seems like multiple schools! But I have seen people on this forum get into schools like UofT with slightly lower GPAs but made up for it with their experiences.