Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, Please remember to be professional and courteous.  The application process is an emotional one, but that doesn’t justify unpleasant or hostile posts.    Thanks! Ian

Anyone else nervous for tomorrow’s results (midnight) in Ontario

I can't believe we've had to wait so long since we submitted our applications in Jan haha. I have been anxiously waiting! Best of luck to us all!! 

Posted Images

This is my first cycle applying and my sub GPA is a 3.65. I have excellent extracurriculars, volunteering and experience in the field (I am an OTA/PTA), but am concerned that my GPA isn't high enough to even be looked at. Any insight on my chances here for either OT or PT? Applied to U of T, Western and Mac. Also if anyone has any advice who is applying in their second cycle, what courses they took or how they chose to up their GPA would be appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 7:27 PM, OTOThopeful said:

I was wondering the same, it would be really helpful to have those notes to turn to when we're actually talking to the interviewer, especially if nerves get overwhelming and we start to lose a train of thought 

Turns out that we ARE actually allowed use those 2 minutes for written notes if you want, you're just not allowed to type anything or use electronics for obvious reasons

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AcceptMeOT said:

Hi guys, for those of you that did the McMaster MMI already, did they alternate between the verbal and written stations? Or were all the verbal stations done first and then the written?

The order is random! There's 6 participants in there with you and 6 stations so it really just depends on which one you get put in first

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people indepndently write up their personal submission statement for Western and Queen's?  Or are there companies, services, or individuals that you can pay to help you write it up?  There are services like that for medical school so I'd imagine maybe there might be something like that for PT and OT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zerochance said:

Do people indepndently write up their personal submission statement for Western and Queen's?  Or are there companies, services, or individuals that you can pay to help you write it up?  There are services like that for medical school so I'd imagine maybe there might be something like that for PT and OT.

Hmm. Perhaps writing it yourself and getting a peer/prof/supervisor to look it over might show more of you and be more ethical... There's lots of resources online to help you write them yourself, as it is a PERSONAL reflection. Just my two cents. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zerochance said:

Do people indepndently write up their personal submission statement for Western and Queen's?  Or are there companies, services, or individuals that you can pay to help you write it up?  There are services like that for medical school so I'd imagine maybe there might be something like that for PT and OT.

Heyy I’ve never heard of these “services” you’ve mentioned that don’t count as a form of plagiarism. Please let me know if I’m wrong though! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PT24 said:

Heyy I’ve never heard of these “services” you’ve mentioned that don’t count as a form of plagiarism. Please let me know if I’m wrong though! 

Yea you’re wrong.  These services have people that sit down with you and ask you many questions for at least an hour.  They ask about volunteering , and everything else that is relevant to the statement.  Then they work with you to write up the statement.  So the end product is completely based on your unique experiences.   

 
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, physiooccupational.2021 said:

This is my first cycle applying and my sub GPA is a 3.65. I have excellent extracurriculars, volunteering and experience in the field (I am an OTA/PTA), but am concerned that my GPA isn't high enough to even be looked at. Any insight on my chances here for either OT or PT? Applied to U of T, Western and Mac. Also if anyone has any advice who is applying in their second cycle, what courses they took or how they chose to up their GPA would be appreciated!

I got into Mac PT with a 3.72, and I know of some peers who were in the 3.6's. Just gotta have a good interview! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zerochance said:

Yea you’re wrong.  These services have people that sit down with you and ask you many questions for at least an hour.  They ask about volunteering , and everything else that is relevant to the statement.  Then they work with you to write up the statement.  So the end product is completely based on your unique experiences.   

 
 

 

 

Who actually does the writing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, physiooccupational.2021 said:

This is my first cycle applying and my sub GPA is a 3.65. I have excellent extracurriculars, volunteering and experience in the field (I am an OTA/PTA), but am concerned that my GPA isn't high enough to even be looked at. Any insight on my chances here for either OT or PT? Applied to U of T, Western and Mac. Also if anyone has any advice who is applying in their second cycle, what courses they took or how they chose to up their GPA would be appreciated!

I replied to similar question earlier so figured pasting would be easiest! :) It took a lot of Excel work figuring out how many courses to take but super worth the effort. I found taking courses from my undergrad university best cause I was used to everything, but also took a couple at Athabasca which I only recommend if you can be disciplined and self-teach everything

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kiwiaussiecanuck said:

Crazy... the U of T CAP cut-off went from 3.78 last year to 3.83 this year. 

There’s a greater number of applicants this cycle too compared to previous years! Kinda nervous!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lololiver said:

Turns out that we ARE actually allowed use those 2 minutes for written notes if you want, you're just not allowed to type anything or use electronics for obvious reasons

Did they state this at the beginning of the interview? or is it in the instruction guide?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...