Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this page and just thought I'd introduce myself. I am applying to S-LP at UWO, McGill, McMaster, and Dalhousie. I was rejected at all of them except Dalhousie, where I was put on the waitlist. I am also applying to OT at Dalhousie, Queen's, and UWO. I am applying to SLP for the THIRD time, and OT for the first time. 

I have a 3.51 subGPA and a 3.3 cumulative GPA. Does anyone know if that GPA will give me a chance of getting in for OT? I am not feeling super confident about it, haha. 

I have an honours bachelor in psychology, and a graduate certificate in autism and behavioural sciences. I also have 600+ volunteer hours working in various settings including clinical speech settings and supporting those with autism or strokes.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear from Dalhousie OT? 

11 hours ago, laulau694 said:

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this page and just thought I'd introduce myself. I am applying to S-LP at UWO, McGill, McMaster, and Dalhousie. I was rejected at all of them except Dalhousie, where I was put on the waitlist. I am also applying to OT at Dalhousie, Queen's, and UWO. I am applying to SLP for the THIRD time, and OT for the first time. 

I have a 3.51 subGPA and a 3.3 cumulative GPA. Does anyone know if that GPA will give me a chance of getting in for OT? I am not feeling super confident about it, haha. 

I have an honours bachelor in psychology, and a graduate certificate in autism and behavioural sciences. I also have 600+ volunteer hours working in various settings including clinical speech settings and supporting those with autism or strokes.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear from Dalhousie OT? 

Hi! I think a lot of us were expecting to hear back from Dalhousie OT yesterday (April 15th). That being said, I think we should hear back from them by the end of the month hopefully. From what I read in last years thread, Dalhousie sent out offer letters to in province applicants first (I could be completely wrong though). I'm not sure whether you are in province or OOP but that might affect your chances of getting in since Dal reserves a certain number of seats for applicants from the Atlantic provinces. 

52 minutes ago, LetMeInOT said:

Hi! I think a lot of us were expecting to hear back from Dalhousie OT yesterday (April 15th). That being said, I think we should hear back from them by the end of the month hopefully. From what I read in last years thread, Dalhousie sent out offer letters to in province applicants first (I could be completely wrong though). I'm not sure whether you are in province or OOP but that might affect your chances of getting in since Dal reserves a certain number of seats for applicants from the Atlantic provinces. 

I think in the past too it seems like offers have come out on fridays! So maybe today?

53 minutes ago, LetMeInOT said:

Hi! Do you know how many seats are reserved for in province applicants? I think they only accept about 60ish students per year. I'm trying to figure out what my odds of getting in might be, but slowly losing hope :P

40 minutes ago, kk2902 said:

Hi! Do you know how many seats are reserved for in province applicants? I think they only accept about 60ish students per year. I'm trying to figure out what my odds of getting in might be, but slowly losing hope :P

7 minutes ago, OptimisticOT22 said:

I believe 30 seats are "unreserved" out of 66! 

I went back to the 2020 thread and found this quote:

"Dal - They used to have more seats for out of province, but I believe it's now only 15 or so out of 66.  It used to be 8 NL, 12 NB, 4(?) PEI and 20 NS?...around there. They doubled most of them this year. Used to be about 30 so from out of province now only 15."

I hope this helps! 

15 minutes ago, LetMeInOT said:

I went back to the 2020 thread and found this quote:

"Dal - They used to have more seats for out of province, but I believe it's now only 15 or so out of 66.  It used to be 8 NL, 12 NB, 4(?) PEI and 20 NS?...around there. They doubled most of them this year. Used to be about 30 so from out of province now only 15."

I hope this helps! 

Omg thanks so much, that does help!

4 minutes ago, PT PT PT said:

It says it under the Bb collaborate tab! "Welcome to the CAP" April 17 1pm-3pm. Does it say 2-4 for you?

Ohhh yes that should be correct! It says the same for me!! The CAP module goes live at 2PM but the instructions in our email states we should login at least 30 mins before. What I’m guessing is we’re getting an intro/instructions through BB Collab first. 

Just now, PT24 said:

Ohhh yes that should be correct! It says the same for me!! The CAP module goes live at 2PM but the instructions in our email states we should login at least 30 mins before. What I’m guessing is we’re getting an intro/instructions through BB Collab first. 

Sorry does it say 1-3pm or 2-4pm? Yes I saw that as well! I think the welcome intro will be 1:45pm but good to be there 30 min before just in case! 

Did anyone else receive an email from "Altus Suite" about updating their OUAC ID? I have literally no idea what this company is or how they have to do with OUAC lol 

edit: nvm figured out it is the company for Casper, and needed to change my ORPAS ID on the casper site. Is our OUAC ID reference number the same as the "OUAC-ORPAS ID" ?

15 minutes ago, OTOThopeful said:

Did anyone else receive an email from "Altus Suite" about updating their OUAC ID? I have literally no idea what this company is or how they have to do with OUAC lol 

edit: nvm figured out it is the company for Casper, and needed to change my ORPAS ID on the casper site. Is our OUAC ID reference number the same as the "OUAC-ORPAS ID" ?

I just got the same thing! And yes it is the same reference ID with 2021 and the following 6 digits. Is that a standard message to all applicants or does that mean that they are reviewing our application? Just curious 

17 minutes ago, physiooccupational.2021 said:

I just got the same thing! And yes it is the same reference ID with 2021 and the following 6 digits. Is that a standard message to all applicants or does that mean that they are reviewing our application? Just curious 

I remember when I wrote my CASPer, they recommended that you update your account with your OPRAS ID once your application was submitted through OPRAS. CASPer needs your ID so that the schools you applied to can verify your scores and that it's the right applicant. For me, this meant that when I finished my OPRAS application, I needed to go back and update my CASPer account with my OPRAS ID. I assume that some people may have forgotten to do this and are now receiving emails as a reminder. 

19 hours ago, physiooccupational.2021 said:

I'm not too sure what it means, but hopefully they are reviewing the casper portions of our applications! 

21 hours ago, OTOThopeful said:

Did you write your CASPer before submitting your ORPAS application?