Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

On 4/15/2021 at 9:35 PM, laulau694 said:

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this page and just thought I'd introduce myself. I am applying to S-LP at UWO, McGill, McMaster, and Dalhousie. I was rejected at all of them except Dalhousie, where I was put on the waitlist. I am also applying to OT at Dalhousie, Queen's, and UWO. I am applying to SLP for the THIRD time, and OT for the first time. 

I have a 3.51 subGPA and a 3.3 cumulative GPA. Does anyone know if that GPA will give me a chance of getting in for OT? I am not feeling super confident about it, haha. 

I have an honours bachelor in psychology, and a graduate certificate in autism and behavioural sciences. I also have 600+ volunteer hours working in various settings including clinical speech settings and supporting those with autism or strokes.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear from Dalhousie OT? 

I'm a current Western OT student and I know a couple people in the program who had around a 3.5sGPA in undergrad, you will likely have a decent chance off the waitlist 

1 hour ago, OT Please Accept Me said:

I don't know about this year, but last year I got my acceptance letter from U of A OT on the afternoon of April 22nd

Hey, I wonder were there any international students got accepted into U of A OT program?

2 hours ago, OT Please Accept Me said:

I don't know about this year, but last year I got my acceptance letter from U of A OT on the afternoon of April 22nd

Do you mind sharing your gpa ? I wonder if it’s only that soon for candidates with higher gpa/more competitive application 

5 minutes ago, OT Please Accept Me said:

I had a 3.7GPA and I was in-province. For reference I was also accepted to U of T, Western, and waitlisted for Queen's

I am applying to PT and worried my subGPA (3.8) is not high enough for cutoff this year, do you think queens puts emphasis on personal submissions? 

7 minutes ago, VhopefulOT said:

Hey everyone! I'm a bit late to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows the approximate sub-GPA acceptance of last years entering class to Western? My sub-GPA is a 3.78 and I am getting very nervous to hear back 

From talking to my classmates, most of us who first had around a 3.7 or a bit higher (a couple people lower) so you definitely make the cutoff GPA wise but I feel that they rely heavily on ECs, letters, and especially the CASPer.

Congrats to everyone who got into Dal OT so far!!

I just want to confirm if I'm calculating my sGPA correctly

I'm in my final semester of undergrad so I'm missing my grades from this term. I did 5 classes every term except for last term I did 6. So I have 16 credits done so far during my 3rd and 4 th year. Will Dal only take my Second year winter grades to makeup for the outstanding 4 credits or will they do it like Ontario and use the average of the entire second year???