Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone is really nervous about the decisions that are about to come out. Just know if you don’t get accepted, it doesn’t mean you aren’t smart and it doesn’t mean you should give up! It’s a v

Hi everyone! With a lot of admissions decisions coming out soon/tonight-ish I just wanted to drop the number for some crisis lines as news can bring up feelings of distress.    Crisis phone

I can't believe we've had to wait so long since we submitted our applications in Jan haha. I have been anxiously waiting! Best of luck to us all!! 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Physio98 said:

Is anyone else's UofA OT application still stuck as "Pre-screening" under the application status? as well as decision: pending 

Same here, seems like we'll not hear from them today. 

18 hours ago, JChen48 said:

Congrats to everyone who got into Dal OT so far!!

I just want to confirm if I'm calculating my sGPA correctly

I'm in my final semester of undergrad so I'm missing my grades from this term. I did 5 classes every term except for last term I did 6. So I have 16 credits done so far during my 3rd and 4 th year. Will Dal only take my Second year winter grades to makeup for the outstanding 4 credits or will they do it like Ontario and use the average of the entire second year???

I think you need to check with the admission about this.. From their website says that they count your last 20 credits so they will fill the gap somehow from other years.

Hey all! I am a U of A OT student (admitted 2019) and I have seen a few questions about admissions so I thought I would make a post to address them! 

I received my acceptance letter on April 12 2019 near to the end of the work day. This was a Friday so I have my fingers crossed for y'all to get them today, and note that last years did not go out until April 22nd(ish) which was likely due to covid. There is a lot of transition going on for the department right now due to the university restructuring which could be contributing to the letters going out later than usual. The national body is also doing accreditation on the program which definitely takes up time, but the wait will be worth it to know that the program was recently accredited :)

I also saw a question about international students - my year had at least 2 international students, but many are from BC, Saskatchewan, and mostly Alberta. 

I hope all of this helps and if you have any questions let me know! This process is excruciating and I am happy if I can make it easier for anyone! 

7 minutes ago, OTsooon said:

Hey all! I am a U of A OT student (admitted 2019) and I have seen a few questions about admissions so I thought I would make a post to address them! 

I received my acceptance letter on April 12 2019 near to the end of the work day. This was a Friday so I have my fingers crossed for y'all to get them today, and note that last years did not go out until April 22nd(ish) which was likely due to covid. There is a lot of transition going on for the department right now due to the university restructuring which could be contributing to the letters going out later than usual. The national body is also doing accreditation on the program which definitely takes up time, but the wait will be worth it to know that the program was recently accredited :)

I also saw a question about international students - my year had at least 2 international students, but many are from BC, Saskatchewan, and mostly Alberta. 

I hope all of this helps and if you have any questions let me know! This process is excruciating and I am happy if I can make it easier for anyone! 

You're so kind, thank you for the update! The website is saying the first round decisions by mid-May, do they say this every year just to be safe and still release the first round by end of April or do you think this year is the exception?

10 minutes ago, OTOT2021 said:

You're so kind, thank you for the update! The website is saying the first round decisions by mid-May, do they say this every year just to be safe and still release the first round by end of April or do you think this year is the exception?

That is a really good question! I remember being surprised by receiving the letter way earlier than I expected, but I am not totally sure what the website said at that time. 

Applied + (PT or OT?): All PT McGill qualifying year, McGill undergrad, UofT, Western, Queen's
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: c-gpa: 3.79  and s-gpa: 3.89 
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

essays were good. nothing crazy or special.

had the CAP so far, but it's hard to say how that went.

my professional reference was good. nothing more special than anyone else that volunteered and got a referent letter. my academic reference letter was meh. 

experience: I have around 200 hours volunteer work at a children's rehab centre, 500 hours volunteering at a PT/OT clinic, and 1000 hours of experience as a kinesiologist. 

been rejected from PT for the past 2 years. hopefully this is my year.

good-luck to everyone! 

1 hour ago, Let_Me_in said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): All PT McGill qualifying year, McGill undergrad, UofT, Western, Queen's
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:

my professional reference was good. nothing more special than anyone else that volunteered and got a referent letter. my academic reference letter was meh. 

experience: I have around 200 hours volunteer work at a children's rehab centre, 500 hours volunteering at a PT/OT clinic, and 1000 hours of experience as a kinesiologist. 

good-luck to everyone! 

Hello, your application sounds very strong and I hope this is your year! If you don't mind me asking, did you apply with the same sub gpa of 3.89 the past two years or did you upgrade courses?

9 hours ago, DALOT2021 said:

Hey! What email did you use to accept your offer? The letter doesn’t really specify their email on it :(

I'm also curious about this! I used the email on the website (not the OT admissions email) to accept my offer but have yet to hear back. Hopefully thats the right one!

5 hours ago, Let_Me_in said:

Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:

good-luck to everyone! 

Looks good!! 
Is this the first year you got a CAP invite? I’m worried about my CAP exam as well. How did it go for you 

4 hours ago, Physio19 said:

Hello, your application sounds very strong and I hope this is your year! If you don't mind me asking, did you apply with the same sub gpa of 3.89 the past two years or did you upgrade courses?

Well the first time I had a 3.76 or smt like that and I got rejected from everywhere. 2nd time I had a 3.85 and I barely made the waitlist in the Ontario school's. How was your sGPA if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Let_Me_in said:

Well the first time I had a 3.76 or smt like that and I got rejected from everywhere. 2nd time I had a 3.85 and I barely made the waitlist in the Ontario school's. How was your sGPA if you don't mind me asking?

What the hell?  Maybe you did poorly in Casper?  Maybe its your references (you said they were average at best, right?)?  How does one not get in with a 3.85 anywhere in ON?