Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

1 hour ago, Physiohopeful21 said:

Please post your GPA for accept/waitlist/reject and include if you are out of province/in province or International :).  Congrats to those getting offers, hopefully PT will be next!

I was accepted with a 3.9 gpa and I’m a bc applicant

Got my acceptance from U of A OT today. I'm unsure if they calculate GPA the same as ORPAS but my ORPAS sGPA is 3.71. For those of you worried about full time versus part time course loads affecting admission, I did not do a full time course load in my third and fourth years of undergrad but still managed to get in (and I know U of A explicitly stated they show preference to those who did full course loads).

I've already accepted my UBC offer though so I will be declining. Hopefully someone from the waitlist hears back soon :)

14 minutes ago, OTHopeful2021 said:

Got my acceptance from U of A OT today. I'm unsure if they calculate GPA the same as ORPAS but my ORPAS sGPA is 3.71. For those of you worried about full time versus part time course loads affecting admission, I did not do a full time course load in my third and fourth years of undergrad but still managed to get in (and I know U of A explicitly stated they show preference to those who did full course loads).

I've already accepted my UBC offer though so I will be declining. Hopefully someone from the waitlist hears back soon :)

Great!! Thanks for letting us know. So I wonder if we’ll hear back periodically as people decline or if they will not tell us about movement until may17. I was also waitlisted for u of a OT with a 3.7 (ORPAS) gpa.

I have extensive healthcare background as I’ve been an RN for two years though which I think helps my lower gpa. 

34 minutes ago, SaraPT123 said:

Great!! Thanks for letting us know. So I wonder if we’ll hear back periodically as people decline or if they will not tell us about movement until may17. I was also waitlisted for u of a OT with a 3.7 (ORPAS) gpa.

I have extensive healthcare background as I’ve been an RN for two years though which I think helps my lower gpa. 

Hey! I think they will only start releasing the accepted waitlist offers after May 17th. I think they’re going to wait until the Ontario schools send out their offers. 

19 hours ago, Physiohopeful21 said:

Please post your GPA for accept/waitlist/reject and include if you are out of province/in province or International :).  Congrats to those getting offers, hopefully PT will be next!

Got accepted for OT :) 3.82 sGPA (according to ORPAS, I don’t know how Alberta calculates it) and a ton of related experience. I’m out of province, from Ontario 

1 hour ago, PT_2021_ said:

Has anyone applied to Dal PT and received an email acceptance/decline? Their website says offers will be released by April-end, but I haven't heard anything.

I applied and haven't heard back from them... I was waitlisted last year so I'm hoping this time