Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

Hi all, 

I hope the application process is going well for everyone. I had been considering SLP in addition to OT and have volunteer experience in both an SLP and OT clinic. I was wondering what admissions thinks of people who are/were considering both? For example, I was going to include my SLP volunteering on my OT resume because the skills and experiences are applicable to OT, but I don't want admissions to think that I am not committed to OT? I feel like I am overthinking, but just wanted to post on here to see if anyone had any insight. 

Thanks! 

23 minutes ago, happyeveryday said:

Hi all, 

I hope the application process is going well for everyone. I had been considering SLP in addition to OT and have volunteer experience in both an SLP and OT clinic. I was wondering what admissions thinks of people who are/were considering both? For example, I was going to include my SLP volunteering on my OT resume because the skills and experiences are applicable to OT, but I don't want admissions to think that I am not committed to OT? I feel like I am overthinking, but just wanted to post on here to see if anyone had any insight. 

Thanks! 

My gut would be to include this relevant experience. I consider the risk, if any, to be minimal. Good luck! :P 

1 hour ago, kiwiaussiecanuck said:

Hmm odd, I don’t have an option for ORPAS ID. Have you already written your CASPer?

mine says "OUAC ID" but I'm assuming its the same as the ORPAS ID since it technically is still through OUAC. Do you have the OUAC ID option or is that not showing up either? Haven't written the casper yet, doing it on tuesday

58 minutes ago, heathermarley said:

mine says "OUAC ID" but I'm assuming its the same as the ORPAS ID since it technically is still through OUAC. Do you have the OUAC ID option or is that not showing up either? Haven't written the casper yet, doing it on tuesday

Yeah, neither one is there. Just has my phone number. I'm also doing it on Tuesday. I'll probably just reach out to CASPer support

On 1/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, heathermarley said:

I found it under the account ID tab (or something like that) there should be two boxes, one for your phone number and one for your ORPAS ID

when you registering for the test it says add ORPAS ID number after you select the university. If you have already the Casper im not 100% sure 

On 1/1/2021 at 9:15 PM, OhTee said:

Was anyone able to find sufficient volunteer experience this summer? I tried pretty much every but I didn't get anything due to COVID :/. I have quite a bit of volunteer experience already, but I wanted to get more so it can help my application.

I got very lucky with my volunteer experience as my mom happened to be going to a Physiothearpy clinic after an accident so she got me a volunteer position. I feel that instead of applying online it is better to walk into physio clinics and asking the physiotherapists directly if they have room for volunteers. Alternatively, if you know anyone that goes to a physio clinic ask them to ask the therapist themselves as you may get an in. Other than that Goodluck!

4 hours ago, yaboijay said:

Hey did anyone apply to U Ottawa for Physiothearpy. I was just completing my application and it wants me to upload a resume but im confused what I should put on the resume. Currently I have one for my work experience but it has little to do with physiowork. 

Hey! It says on the ORPAS website what to put on the résumé: https://www.ouac.on.ca/fr/guide/orpas-ottawa/#physio

57 minutes ago, PT PT PT said:

Where can I find my ORPAS ID? I wrote CASPer last year too and I believe the old ID is still on the account. Should I be receiving a new one?

Isn't it the same as the OUAC reference number? It starts with 2021-XXXXXX, and you can find it in the application confirmation email and in ORPAS once you login (at the top on the left, below the log out button).

Just now, Noël said:

Isn't it the same as the OUAC reference number? It starts with 2021-XXXXXX, and you can find it in the application confirmation email and in ORPAS once you login (at the top on the left, below the log out button).

Have you submitted your application already? If you did then perhaps that’s why I haven’t received it yet.