Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

8 hours ago, PT1235566 said:

I was waitlisted last year & had already heard by now... so hopefully this year they’re doing things differently and will let us know by the end of the work day.

when did you get notified of a decision last year 

15 minutes ago, pt90 said:

Congrats to people who are accepted! I have not heard anything yet (OOP).

People who got an email from DAL PT, did you guys check on the website? is it changed from "Written Notification to Follow" to something?

I got an email at 10:46 pm EST saying I was waitlisted. My application still says “written notification to follow” though. 

10 hours ago, pt90 said:

officially, the end of Apr is passed.... Anyone has not received from DAL yet? :confused: I haven't 

My friend from NS with last name P was accepted at 9:21, I was waitlisted at 10:06pm last name S and NS resident, another friend OOP with last name W hasn't heard anything yet.. So admissions wanted to sleep I guess aha...

42 minutes ago, ptobsess said:

My friend from NS with last name P was accepted at 9:21, I was waitlisted at 10:06pm last name S and NS resident, another friend OOP with last name W hasn't heard anything yet.. So admissions wanted to sleep I guess aha...

Thank you for the information. My last name J and OOP.... Do you know if they also email to people who are rejected? I hope this is not the reason that im not getting their email yet.

17 minutes ago, pt90 said:

Thank you for the information. My last name J and OOP.... Do you know if they also email to people who are rejected? I hope this is not the reason that im not getting their email yet.

I'm not sure if reject letters are sent out or not, sorry. Let's hope it won't come to that!

On 4/30/2021 at 2:20 PM, ot_lea2021 said:

Accepting an offer at the U of A will in no way affect any admission offers from Ontario. It’s only if you accept an offer from school “A” in Ontario that you will not be able to simultaneously accept an offer from Ontario school “B”.

Which school do you ultimately want to go to if offered admission?

Thank you for letting me know, that's really helpful and makes sense :) 

If I were to get accepted to any of the schools in Ontario I would probably stay here, but right now U of T is my top choice and Alberta a close second. I also applied to Western and Queens, and Mac but got a rejection from Mac. 

18 minutes ago, bananagram005 said:

Thank you for letting me know, that's really helpful and makes sense :) 

If I were to get accepted to any of the schools in Ontario I would probably stay here, but right now U of T is my top choice and Alberta a close second. I also applied to Western and Queens, and Mac but got a rejection from Mac. 

You've heard back from Mac for PT?

1 hour ago, PTHopeful12 said:

Does anyone know how many people are typically on the Dal PT waitlist? 

I don't really know but if you find out please let us know! I was waitlisted last year and I just got waitlisted again this year I really hope I make it in this time...

36 minutes ago, PT777 said:

I don't really know but if you find out please let us know! I was waitlisted last year and I just got waitlisted again this year I really hope I make it in this time...

When were you notified last year of their decision? 

6 minutes ago, PT777 said:

On May 15th last year... and never heard anything back from them other than when I asked where am I on the waitlist and they said top half

honestly being waitlisted in the worst i'm just gonna be stressed now from now  till september

3 minutes ago, MAC1 said:

honestly being waitlisted in the worst i'm just gonna be stressed now from now  till september

i know that feeling for sure.. i am planning to send an email towards the end of May to check the status if possible... hopefully we both make it in!

How much hope do you guys think there is to be admitted off the waitlist to Dal PT? I postponed graduating but now that I'm waitlisted idk if I should graduate or not and take extra courses? I don't wanna be years behind if I don't get in but if i do and miss my opportunity I'd be really upset. If anyone has any info about the waitlists please let me know 

2 hours ago, MAC1 said:

How much hope do you guys think there is to be admitted off the waitlist to Dal PT? I postponed graduating but now that I'm waitlisted idk if I should graduate or not and take extra courses? I don't wanna be years behind if I don't get in but if i do and miss my opportunity I'd be really upset. If anyone has any info about the waitlists please let me know 

It seems like Dal put everyone on their waitlist, so I am assuming the waitlist would be pretty long this year.