Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

5 minutes ago, AcceptMeOT said:

Although this is true and it’s good to have experience with different populations, it’s not necessary. I was accepted to UofA and the only experience I have is within a mental health setting and with kids. You could pick up a volunteering position that can help u gain some experience outside of what you are doing now, but I don’t think it would be necessary to switch jobs 

This is very good to know! I was initially a prospective applicant to a masters in social work. The program requirements are equally competitive as OT programs, but most applicants have a minimum of 3,000 hours! It's so crazy, and gives me a bit of anxiety when thinking about how to have a competitive application to an OT program.

Congrats on your acceptance to U of A! 

Just now, bambii said:

Thank you so much! I checked when I saw someone post they were invited, around 2:10 EST. I wasn't expecting it at all and I'm hoping it's reliable. 

I think it is! my supervisor told us to check our accounts and if we see a payment due or an invite you can probably guess you were accepted to the program! I wonder if they are doing this alphabetically..?

14 minutes ago, aspiringOT_7 said:

I think it is! my supervisor told us to check our accounts and if we see a payment due or an invite you can probably guess you were accepted to the program! I wonder if they are doing this alphabetically..?

Amazing! I don't have a charge under finances but it says invited with the program name right beside it. My last name is close to the start of the alphabet so they may be! 

4 hours ago, OT-InTheMaking-2020 said:

OMG! Everyone check ACORN for UofT OT.

i have an invited for the program

How do you access ACORN? I applied to UofT OT; however, I never received an email that asked me to set up my ACORN account... I checked my inbox, spam and junk!

Sorry this may be a silly question! 

5 hours ago, OT-InTheMaking-2020 said:

OMG! Everyone check ACORN for UofT OT.

i have an invited for the program

Ok I have one too! Is this the first time you've logged in and seen it? Or have you logged in before and nothing was there? Just want to make sure its legit haha

1 minute ago, OT-InTheMaking-2020 said:

this is 100% the first time I've logged in and seen it. Last time I checked was last week! It also shows which campus you're assigned to! Look at previous forums about the uoft invite glitch

So exciting!!! Where do you see the campus?

26 minutes ago, csto said:

Hi! Has anyone heard from McGill QY PT? And does anyone know if accepting the OT program disqualifies you from the PT one if decisions still haven't gone out on the PT program by the OT acceptance/decline date?

Haven't heart from McGill QY PT yet. Not sure about your second question. Do you know of anyone who has heard for OT?