Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

1 hour ago, csto said:

Hi! Has anyone heard from McGill QY PT? And does anyone know if accepting the OT program disqualifies you from the PT one if decisions still haven't gone out on the PT program by the OT acceptance/decline date?

Did you hear back about OT??  I haven't heard from either program. For OT though mine did switch from 'submitted' to 'in review' but PT still says submitted.

2 hours ago, Let_Me_in said:

same for me! the waiting is getting to me :\

13 hours ago, PTOT4444 said:

Exact same for mine!

You might want to check your junk email! I ended up getting an email from the school, but it was in junk (not entirely sure why, I had gotten other emails from McGill that didn't go to junk).

I just emailed U of T OT to ask about the admission offers on ACORN and if there's any way applicants that weren't students at U of T could see updates on their admission status. This is what they responded:

Thanks for checking with us first. The earliest date for decisions is May 14, posted to the ORPAS portal and released via email. The ACORN status your friends noticed has to do with our IT staff rolling over our internal calendars, I regret to say that unfortunately it's meaningless at this point - i.e., it is unrelated to our admission decisions.

8 minutes ago, alinaaa said:

I just emailed U of T OT to ask about the admission offers on ACORN and if there's any way applicants that weren't students at U of T could see updates on their admission status. This is what they responded:

Thanks for checking with us first. The earliest date for decisions is May 14, posted to the ORPAS portal and released via email. The ACORN status your friends noticed has to do with our IT staff rolling over our internal calendars, I regret to say that unfortunately it's meaningless at this point - i.e., it is unrelated to our admission decisions.

Thank you for sharing. But why did some people get an invite, is that a glitch of some sort? What does "IT staff rolling over our internal calendars" mean? Lol. 

10 minutes ago, alinaaa said:

Thank you for letting us know! I don't get why they would do that though :( false sense of hope

10 minutes ago, OTPTPT2021 said:

I was told that I am midrange on Dal PT waitlist. Anyone received any words from Dal regarding where they are on the waitlist? It seems like I don't have a chance unless I'm at the top of the list.

I just asked admissions since I was waitlisted too. I will let you know what they say. 

25 minutes ago, OTPTPT2021 said:

I was told that I am midrange on Dal PT waitlist. Anyone received any words from Dal regarding where they are on the waitlist? It seems like I don't have a chance unless I'm at the top of the list.

Did you email Kelly? I emailed her about my waitlist position the other day but haven’t heard back...and are you OOP?

37 minutes ago, OTPTPT2021 said:

Who did you contact?

11 minutes ago, PTPT12345 said:

Did you email Kelly? I emailed her about my waitlist position the other day but haven’t heard back...and are you OOP?

I emailed Kelly and havent heard back Im OOP hbu 

47 minutes ago, OTPTPT2021 said:

also it all depends on how many students they take from the waitlist! so I wouldn't lose hope they might go quite a bit down it all depends on how many kids are on the waitlist and how many they accept off of it. Stay hopeful that's all we can dooo 

25 minutes ago, PTPT12345 said:

I emailed Kelly. I'm from NS. I was just thinking that it would be harder to get in since most people from NS would likely want to stay in province. Idk how many waitlists there are though.

9 minutes ago, OTPTPT2021 said:

I emailed Kelly. I'm from NS. I was just thinking that it would be harder to get in since most people from NS would likely want to stay in province. Idk how many waitlists there are though.

when did you email her? 

4 minutes ago, PTPT12345 said:

I emailed on Saturday, I’m OOP, I’ll let you know if she answers sometime this week! 

Thanks Ill let you know as well!  Where else did you apply? 

Edited by MAC1
add more