Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

5 hours ago, alinaaa said:

I just emailed U of T OT to ask about the admission offers on ACORN and if there's any way applicants that weren't students at U of T could see updates on their admission status. This is what they responded:

Thanks for checking with us first. The earliest date for decisions is May 14, posted to the ORPAS portal and released via email. The ACORN status your friends noticed has to do with our IT staff rolling over our internal calendars, I regret to say that unfortunately it's meaningless at this point - i.e., it is unrelated to our admission decisions.

I know in past years and for other programs too, U of T updates ACORN with invited the night before at the earlier from the date they send out acceptances so the 14th, but when people did get that update, it did mean they got in

5 hours ago, alinaaa said:

I just emailed U of T OT to ask about the admission offers on ACORN and if there's any way applicants that weren't students at U of T could see updates on their admission status. This is what they responded:

Thanks for checking with us first. The earliest date for decisions is May 14, posted to the ORPAS portal and released via email. The ACORN status your friends noticed has to do with our IT staff rolling over our internal calendars, I regret to say that unfortunately it's meaningless at this point - i.e., it is unrelated to our admission decisions.

I guess we will all find out for sure May 14th. Fingers crossed everyone!  

14 minutes ago, PTamy said:

I know in past years and for other programs too, U of T updates ACORN with invited the night before at the earlier from the date they send out acceptances so the 14th, but when people did get that update, it did mean they got in

Yeah, I don't think there was any point in messaging U of T. They obviously can't tell someone that the notification means they're accepted when, officially, the offers aren't supposed to come out until May 14th for all Ontario schools. All that might have done is encourage them to stop updating them early in the future.

13 minutes ago, Noël said:

Yeah, I don't think there was any point in messaging U of T. They obviously can't tell someone that the notification means they're accepted when, officially, the offers aren't supposed to come out until May 14th for all Ontario schools. All that might have done is encourage them to stop updating them early in the future.

One of my friend got the invite, but didn’t get in. She received declined offer. So finger crossed for me! 

10 hours ago, PTOT456 said:

You might want to check your junk email! I ended up getting an email from the school, but it was in junk (not entirely sure why, I had gotten other emails from McGill that didn't go to junk).

I didn't get anything unfortunately. Was the email concerning acceptance/waitlist/rejection to the program?

51 minutes ago, Let_Me_in said:

I didn't get anything unfortunately. Was the email concerning acceptance/waitlist/rejection to the program?

Yes, it was a letter of recommendation to the faculty of graduate studies. I'm really sorry you haven't heard back yet, hopefully soon

54 minutes ago, PT1994 said:

Congratulations! Did your application status change in uApply?

I applied to QY PT but haven't heard anything yet. Application status still says "submitted"

Thanks! No, I just got an email about it, but on uapply for OT it still says "In Review". And it also still says "Submitted" for PT for me as well!

On 5/4/2021 at 2:49 PM, PT1994 said:

Haven't heart from McGill QY PT yet. Not sure about your second question. Do you know of anyone who has heard for OT?

I have - I heard last Friday near the end of the workday and I have until May 14th to reply. My guess is that PT will do something similar (Friday near the end of workday so they don't have to deal with a ton of calls right away). Hopefully tomorrow!

On 5/6/2021 at 12:11 PM, PTOT4444 said:

Thanks! No, I just got an email about it, but on uapply for OT it still says "In Review". And it also still says "Submitted" for PT for me as well!

The uApply status means nothing just fyi - mine both still say submitted despite receiving a nomination offer. In the offer letter it says that nothing will change in uApply until you've accepted your nomination and it's been approved by the board of graduate studies.

Edited to say that one week after a nomination it did update to "In Review". 

4 hours ago, csto said:

The uApply status means nothing just fyi - mine both still say submitted despite receiving a nomination offer. In the offer letter it says that nothing will change in uApply until you've accepted your nomination and it's been approved by the board of graduate studies.

Shit congrats! you received a nomination for both PT and OT for McGill?