Premed 101 Forums

22 hours ago, yaboijay said:

Hey did anyone apply to U Ottawa for Physiothearpy. I was just completing my application and it wants me to upload a resume but im confused what I should put on the resume. Currently I have one for my work experience but it has little to do with physiowork. 

I wrote my education, work experiences (mostly those relating to helping others, leadership like working at the school board, research work and summer camp), then I put volunteer work and expanded for one bullet point for each, then added achievements at the end, hope this helps!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, Please remember to be professional and courteous.  The application process is an emotional one, but that doesn’t justify unpleasant or hostile posts.    Thanks! Ian

I just randomly checked on my application status and I somehow got accepted?!??? Dal applicants go check it now!!!

I just got accepted into UBC OT!!!

Posted Images

6 hours ago, heathermarley said:

Anyone taking the casper today and feel totally unprepared? Ive done so many practice questions but still can't get the hang of it and I'm never able to finish all 3 questions. I'm lucky to even finish the first and part of the second.

I have it today, and I'm pretty nervous too. I too have been practicing a ton these past few days. I saw a youtube video where a guy did a method where he split the amount of time he had for each question, giving himself two minutes for the first two questions, and one minute for the last one. If he had more time, he would put it in a time bank, and use that time to go back and modify of the questions. He said this method helped him answer all three questions well so it could be something to try. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, OhTee said:

I have it today, and I'm pretty nervous too. I too have been practicing a ton these past few days. I saw a youtube video where a guy did a method where he split the amount of time he had for each question, giving himself two minutes for the first two questions, and one minute for the last one. If he had more time, he would put it in a time bank, and use that time to go back and modify of the questions. He said this method helped him answer all three questions well so it could be something to try. Good luck!

Also don't hesitant with answering questions out of order if the first two are stumping you! Good luck everyone, we got this! :)

1 hour ago, OTOT2021 said:

Also don't hesitant with answering questions out of order if the first two are stumping you! Good luck everyone, we got this! :)

55 minutes ago, International OT said:

Write everything in bullet points, sort sentence and then expand further if you have time!

Okay, thanks! Ill make sure to do all of these things! Good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, kiwiaussiecanuck said:

On the OUAC application, in the Additional University Details section where it asks if you have a applied to any of the universities before, does that include undergrad applications, or is it just previous PT/OT applications? 

2 hours ago, OT-InTheMaking-2020 said:

just pt/ot at the school 

No, I called ORPAS about this and it is also undergrad. They use it to see if they have given you a school account already. 

Anyone have any idea on how ORPAS calculates the sub-gpa? My situation is kind of unique. my credits goes like this:

After graduation - took 1 course (0.5 half credits)

4th year - took 11 courses (5.5 full credits)

summer going into 4th year - took 1 course (0.5 half credits) 

3rd year - took 10 courses (5.0 full credits) 

That being said, how would ORPAS group this into 20 ORPAS courses? On the website, they said that they average the groupings? Can anyone help me with my specific case? you can also inbox me :) thanks in advance and greatly appreciate it! 

2 minutes ago, CanPhysio9000 said:

Anyone have any idea on how ORPAS calculates the sub-gpa? My situation is kind of unique. my credits goes like this:

After graduation - took 1 course (0.5 half credits)

4th year - took 11 courses (5.5 full credits)

summer going into 4th year - took 1 course (0.5 half credits) 

3rd year - took 10 courses (5.0 full credits) 

That being said, how would ORPAS group this into 20 ORPAS courses? On the website, they said that they average the groupings? Can anyone help me with my specific case? you can also inbox me :) thanks in advance and greatly appreciate it! 

Hey! They take your most recent 20 half credit/ 10 full credit courses and calculate the gpa. It’s regardless of when you took the courses.

Just now, OTProgramUofT said:

Hey! They take your most recent 20 half credit/ 10 full credit courses and calculate the gpa. It’s regardless of when you took the courses.

For example, your half credit will combine with another half credit to make a full credit etc.. until they have 10 full credits 

3 minutes ago, OTProgramUofT said:

So they literally take your last 20 half credits and average the gpa according to each respective course? Since I saw a youtube vid where someone who applied in their fourth year had to use 5 courses from their 2nd year. However, ORPAS had to average out the full 2nd year and then use that average for the 5 remaining slots in the last 20 courses instead of just selecting the best 5 courses from that 2nd year?

3 minutes ago, CanPhysio9000 said:

So they literally take your last 20 half credits and average the gpa according to each respective course? Since I saw a youtube vid where someone who applied in their fourth year had to use 5 courses from their 2nd year. However, ORPAS had to average out the full 2nd year and then use that average in the last 20 courses instead of just selecting the best 5 courses from that 2nd year?

Yes exactly, they don’t look at when you took the course, they just count the 20 most recent half credits/10 most recent full credits and provide an average.

2 minutes ago, OTProgramUofT said:

Yes exactly, they don’t look at when you took the course, they just count the 20 most recent half credits/10 most recent full credits and provide an average.

So in my situation, they would not even look at 3 courses from my 1st semester of 3rd year? Basically, I just take the most recent 20 courses and with their respective gpa, I average all that up to calculate the sub-gpa because on the ORPAS site, they said something about averaging the next groupings to make up the 20 courses? 

Sorry for asking so much! I was calculating my sub-gpa and tbh it was way higher than my c-gpa and thought something was wrong with my calculations

3 minutes ago, CanPhysio9000 said:

So in my situation, they would not even look at 3 courses from my 1st semester of 3rd year? Basically, I just take the most recent 20 courses and with their respective gpa, I average all that up to calculate the sub-gpa because on the ORPAS site, they said something about averaging the next groupings to make up the 20 courses? 

Sorry for asking so much! I was calculating my sub-gpa and tbh it was way higher than my c-gpa and thought something was wrong with my calculations

No worries! Yes your subgpa would almost always be higher than you c-gpa