Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

11 minutes ago, OT20211 said:

Mine just says “delivered”. Does anyone think they’ll email them to follow up? I’m getting worried lol 

I don’t know if I should email or just wait patiently. I’m a bit worried too because I hope it got delivered to the spot they want!

It seems crazy to me that in this day and age, UofA OT is asking for cheques/money orders, lol ....:lol:. Its weird how two seperate departments in the same faculty do things so differently.  I was offered a seat in PT and only had to email back my acceptance of the offer.  I wasn't asked for any money and my true acceptance will come in a letter from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.

Hi!! I was accepted into U of A OT and I mailed the form and check back to the address provided less than a week ago and my GSMS portal still says "pre- screening".. is that happening for anyone else as well?? I was to email and ask but don't want to seem annoying haha 

Hi everyone! With a lot of admissions decisions coming out soon/tonight-ish I just wanted to drop the number for some crisis lines as news can bring up feelings of distress. 

Crisis phone line: +18334564566

Crisis text line: text CONNECT to 686868

In addition if anyone just wants to chat or decompress, please feel more than free to PM me-im a current crisis responder and former peer support volunteer :). 

Good luck to everyone tonight, we got this! <3 

5 hours ago, JChen48 said:

Hi!! I was accepted into U of A OT and I mailed the form and check back to the address provided less than a week ago and my GSMS portal still says "pre- screening".. is that happening for anyone else as well?? I was to email and ask but don't want to seem annoying haha 

Same here! I emailed them out of fear they never received my form and money lol and got the following reply: you will receive an email after May 17th confirming receipt of your letter. 

3 hours ago, PT PT PT said:

Are they going to release the results at exactly midnight? Or shortly after?

There may be a bit of a delay, but it will be at midnight or some time shortly after. :) I know people that received emails about 10 min after midnight and their ORPAS didn’t update until the next day

2 hours ago, LetMeInOT said:

Has anyone else heard back from Dal OT yet about offers to OOP students? I saw that one person was waitlisted (with a near perfect subGPA) but I haven't heard anything since. Feeling a little discouraged at the moment... 

I also am OOP and applied to Dal OT. I have not heard anything besides that all students will hear back by the end of May. My application says decision made + written notification to follow. My gpa was 3.85/4.3 ! 

1 hour ago, OT06 said:

There may be a bit of a delay, but it will be at midnight or some time shortly after. :) I know people that received emails about 10 min after midnight and their ORPAS didn’t update until the next day

Which schools did they get emails from? I heard that emails come in the morning 

10 hours ago, JChen48 said:

I emailed them because Canada Post has not updated my tracking and so I was afraid perhaps it was lost/not received and they said they will email us if they don’t get anything and that if we can provide proof of the letter being mailed before the deadline we won’t lose our seat.

10 hours ago, JChen48 said:

It takes forever for that portal to update haha so don't mind it too much. In my year I dropped my cheque off in person because I was scared to mail it in and the office staff member who took my envelope seemed confused and just placed it on a pile on her desk which did not make me any less nervous haha congrats on getting in! 

54 minutes ago, jamz_883 said:

It takes forever for that portal to update haha so don't mind it too much. In my year I dropped my cheque off in person because I was scared to mail it in and the office staff member who took my envelope seemed confused and just placed it on a pile on her desk which did not make me any less nervous haha congrats on getting in! 

Thank you! Fingers crossed they got everything already!

1 hour ago, OT2021future said:

I emailed them because Canada Post has not updated my tracking and so I was afraid perhaps it was lost/not received and they said they will email us if they don’t get anything and that if we can provide proof of the letter being mailed before the deadline we won’t lose our seat.

Thank you!! So if they don't email us anything by the 17th, it means everything is all good??

1 hour ago, OT-InTheMaking-2020 said:

I also am OOP and applied to Dal OT. I have not heard anything besides that all students will hear back by the end of May. My application says decision made + written notification to follow. My gpa was 3.85/4.3 ! 

The last time I checked, my application still said written notification to follow as well but nothing about a decision being made. My subGPA is a 4.0/4.3 and I'm also OOP. I had a question about the GPA conversion from a 4.0 to 4.3 scale. I didn't think it was possible to have a 3.85/4.3. When you look at the Graduate Studies website, it mentions that a 80-84% is a 3.7, 85%-89% is a 4.0, and a 90-100% is a 4.3. From this I assumed that a 91 or 99 are both considered a 4.3 (taken from the website as well)? How did you get a grade point that was in between 3.7 and 4.0?