Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone is really nervous about the decisions that are about to come out. Just know if you don’t get accepted, it doesn’t mean you aren’t smart and it doesn’t mean you should give up! It’s a v

Hi everyone! With a lot of admissions decisions coming out soon/tonight-ish I just wanted to drop the number for some crisis lines as news can bring up feelings of distress.    Crisis phone

I also want to echo what some people have said above. I applied FOUR TIMES and finally just got accepted. I've spent the last three years taking courses to upgrade my GPA and doing everything I could

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LetMeInOT said:

The last time I checked, my application still said written notification to follow as well but nothing about a decision being made. My subGPA is a 4.0/4.3 and I'm also OOP. I had a question about the GPA conversion from a 4.0 to 4.3 scale. I didn't think it was possible to have a 3.85/4.3. When you look at the Graduate Studies website, it mentions that a 80-84% is a 3.7, 85%-89% is a 4.0, and a 90-100% is a 4.3. From this I assumed that a 91 or 99 are both considered a 4.3 (taken from the website as well)? How did you get a grade point that was in between 3.7 and 4.0? 

You have to convert each grade and then calculate the GPA. So if your grades for a semester were 80, 91, 87, 90 and 93, that would translate to (3.7+4.3+4.0+4.3+4.3)/5=4.12 

This conversion would be school dependent, so I don't know if an 80 would be 3.7. But the idea between how to calculate the GPA is the main point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, waiting_impatiently said:

You have to convert each grade and then calculate the GPA. So if your grades for a semester were 80, 91, 87, 90 and 93, that would translate to (3.7+4.3+4.0+4.3+4.3)/5=4.12 

This conversion would be school dependent, so I don't know if an 80 would be 3.7. But the idea between how to calculate the GPA is the main point.

Oh interesting! The Faculty of Graduate Studies made it seem a lot more complicated. I'll try to attach a screenshot of what I used. 

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LetMeInOT said:

Oh interesting! The Faculty of Graduate Studies made it seem a lot more complicated. I'll try to attach a screenshot of what I used. 

Capture.PNG

Yep! That's the same! I simplified it by assuming that all of the courses were weighted the same, but it's slightly more complicated if you have courses that are worth varying amounts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, waiting_impatiently said:

Yep! That's the same! I simplified it by assuming that all of the courses were weighted the same, but it's slightly more complicated if you have courses that are worth varying amounts.

I see! My transcripts have courses that are weighed differently so I decided to take this approach. I hope I did it correctly. I just kept my percentage score until the final conversion so that it's the most accurate. The website also mentioned that laboratory courses needed to be excluded in the GPA calculation which made it more complicated too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied (PT): UBC, UofA, Western, Mac, UofT
Accepted: UBC, UofA (OOP)
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: sgpa - 3.89 cgpa - 3.85
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

-MMIs went well at both UBC and UofA

-volunteered at three different physiotherapy clinics and work as a personal trainer

-references were probably average 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks, I got waitlisted for U of A and they said I was in the top one third of the list that was a proxy 50 people.. Did anyone get a different message? Something like top 5 or top 10? Just trying to figure out if I am the 16th person on the list on anywhere from 1-16..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone that applied to OT at Mac had trouble getting into their Mosaic account this evening? I was logging in normally throughout the day but suddenly I can't login and its saying my user id or password are invalid?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, OT98 said:

Has anyone that applied to OT at Mac had trouble getting into their Mosaic account this evening? I was logging in normally throughout the day but suddenly I can't login and its saying my user id or password are invalid?

Thanks

Mine is doing the same thing but for PT

Link to post
Share on other sites

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! Can't wait to welcome you all to our amazing profession :) 

And if you don't get in this time around , DON'T GIVE UP !!! 

If PT is your true passion, there are numerous ways of becoming one. 

Many of my amazing university friends took different routes to becoming a physio - feel free to message me after tomorrow for support & guidance in your next steps !!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...