Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

2 minutes ago, PTbm said:

I never got an email from them, just the blue box on the student center

it should come soon! I received mine 12:25 and my last name starts with M. seems like peoples are being sent out at different times. maybe it is  alphabetically?

Applied (OT): UofT, Queens, Mac, Western
Accepted: UofT, Queens, Mac
Waitlisted:
Rejected: Western 
GPA: sgpa - 3.98 cgpa - 3.99

I did not feel confident about the Casper test or MMI, but the MMI must have gone better than I thought! Strong references from thesis supervisors (though thesis was unrelated - in Ecology); degree in both Biology and Psychology; worked as a student researcher in an aquatic ecology lab, as a student marker, and as a hostess); volunteered online on a disability support forum, as a note taker, and on a Relay for Life committee

I did not have OT-specific experience (and was very worried about this), but in my essays I highlighted how each of the above equipped me with the skills to succeed in a MSc (e.g., thesis project demonstrated capacity for independent work and critical thinking; degree showcased the importance of improving physical and mental health and enhance overall wellbeing; maintaining jobs as a hostess and marker during the school fostered time management; volunteering demonstrated the value in helping others and enhanced my sensitivity, compassion, and respect for individuality).  

As I mentioned in my post earlier...got into U of T for OT, but ultimately, really want to go to U of Alberta as I’m from there and my family lives in Edmonton. I got waitlisted there. I really hope that the Ontarians who got into both the Ontario universities and U Alberta choose to go an Ontario university. Any of you planning to do so?

1 minute ago, ot_lea2021 said:

As I mentioned in my post earlier...got into U of T for OT, but ultimately, really want to go to U of Alberta as I’m from there and my family lives in Edmonton. I got waitlisted there. I really hope that the Ontarians who got into both the Ontario universities and U Alberta choose to go an Ontario university. Any of you planning to do so?

I got into UAlberta and am planning to turn down my offer for an Ontario school!

13 minutes ago, ot_lea2021 said:

As I mentioned in my post earlier...got into U of T for OT, but ultimately, really want to go to U of Alberta as I’m from there and my family lives in Edmonton. I got waitlisted there. I really hope that the Ontarians who got into both the Ontario universities and U Alberta choose to go Ontario university. Any of you planning to do so?

Congrats on your U of T offer!