Premed 101 Forums

36 minutes ago, OhTee said:

To everyone who wrote the CASPER yesterday (January 5th) how did you all feel about it? My inbox is open if anyone wants to rant about it or discuss it further.

I wrote it yesterday. I am reapplying, last year, after the interview I was not offered a seat. I feel I did better this time, as I managed to answer all the questions even through I could not provide as much information as I wanted as I was obviously time pressed. 

How was yours?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone is really nervous about the decisions that are about to come out. Just know if you don’t get accepted, it doesn’t mean you aren’t smart and it doesn’t mean you should give up! It’s a v

Hi everyone! With a lot of admissions decisions coming out soon/tonight-ish I just wanted to drop the number for some crisis lines as news can bring up feelings of distress.    Crisis phone

I can't believe we've had to wait so long since we submitted our applications in Jan haha. I have been anxiously waiting! Best of luck to us all!! 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, PT2021north said:

Does anyone know if schools hold it against you if you apply for both PT and OT programs? Like for example, will it affect my application score if I apply to both?

Absolutely not. If you can afford it and you’d be equally happy getting either PT or OT, go for it! More chances for you to get something at the end of the day!

2 hours ago, CanPhysio9000 said:

So in my situation, they would not even look at 3 courses from my 1st semester of 3rd year? Basically, I just take the most recent 20 courses and with their respective gpa, I average all that up to calculate the sub-gpa because on the ORPAS site, they said something about averaging the next groupings to make up the 20 courses? 

Sorry for asking so much! I was calculating my sub-gpa and tbh it was way higher than my c-gpa and thought something was wrong with my calculations

You are correct though. So in your case, you have 6.5 credits before looking at your third year. Your third year has 2.5 in second semester so you take all of those and get 9.0 then you take the average of the first semester grades and use that number twice (1.0)

15 hours ago, OTProgramUofT said:

Hey! They take your most recent 20 half credit/ 10 full credit courses and calculate the gpa. It’s regardless of when you took the courses.

Do you know if this counts if some of those courses were taken in a part-time semester instead of full-time? I took a 5th year and only took 3 courses (each was 0.5 credits) each semester instead of 5, so will they count these grades individually as 6 courses or somehow as group? 

21 hours ago, International OT said:

I wrote it yesterday. I am reapplying, last year, after the interview I was not offered a seat. I feel I did better this time, as I managed to answer all the questions even through I could not provide as much information as I wanted as I was obviously time pressed. 

How was yours?

Sorry for the late reply. I felt like it went well for me too. I thought I answered the questions well and gave as much information as I could in the 5 minutes we had for each station. I do wish we had more time though.

1 hour ago, PT PT PT said:

For anyone who has also taken extra courses after graduating, did you add a section section under "postsecondary education" if it was an additional non-degree? Any help would be appreciated! Not sure what to do 

I took one course after graduation and I just listed it as “non-degree”!

Just now, PT24 said:

I took one course after graduation and I just listed it as “non-degree”!

Awesome thanks that helps a lot! :)  So you had one entry for your completed undergrad and then added the extra course right? They only categorize it off by year, so did you just put one year? 

2 minutes ago, PT PT PT said:

Awesome thanks that helps a lot! :)  So you had one entry for your completed undergrad and then added the extra course right? They only categorize it off by year, so did you just put one year? 

I’m not sure if they categorize it off by year but since I only took one course, I only have one other entry that is the non-degree in addition to my undergrad degree. You can contact ORPAS and they usually reply really quickly! I recommend texting them with the number they provide on the site! 

Just now, PT24 said:

I’m not sure if they categorize it off by year but since I only took one course, I only have one other entry that is the non-degree in addition to my undergrad degree. You can contact ORPAS and they usually reply really quickly! I recommend texting them with the number they provide on the site! 

Oh sorry I mean the drop down menu that comes up when you’re putting your education down under the “post secondary education” tab on ORPAS. Is that where you indicated that you had the non-degree question?Apologizes for the many follow up questions! 

1 minute ago, PT PT PT said:

Oh sorry I mean the drop down menu that comes up when you’re putting your education down under the “post secondary education” tab on ORPAS. Is that where you indicated that you had the non-degree question?Apologizes for the many follow up questions! 

No worries! I’m sorry if I’m unable to answer your questions but if I am reading your question correctly.. I did add two different “categories” for my undergrad degree and non-degree even though they were completed at the same institution. 

Just now, PT24 said:

No worries! I’m sorry if I’m unable to answer your questions but if I am reading your question correctly.. I did add two different “categories” for my undergrad degree and non-degree even though they were completed at the same institution. 

Yes perfect! This makes sense and I did the same thing :) I guess I was just wondering also about the “year component”. Perhaps you my have selected “under one year” if it was just one course? I did a year and a half so I can’t decide between putting one year to two (since there is no in between option) 

6 minutes ago, PT PT PT said:

Yes perfect! This makes sense and I did the same thing :) I guess I was just wondering also about the “year component”. Perhaps you my have selected “under one year” if it was just one course? I did a year and a half so I can’t decide between putting one year to two (since there is no in between option) 

Oh that’s funny I don’t have that option.. I’m from the west coast they only tell us to state the start date and end date (yyyy-mm) 

Just now, PT24 said:

Oh that’s funny I don’t have that option.. I’m from the west coast they only tell us to state the start date and end date (yyyy-mm) 

How weird! You would think it would be the exact same since we’re using the same platform. Anyways thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it :) best of luck!