Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

For those that got conditional offers- I was wondering when you plan on sending the transcripts? The transcript has to show that the degree as been conferred. I graduate in June 2021 and I’m worried that my transcript may not say it. Does anyone have any information on this? 

Any help is appreciated :)

On 5/14/2021 at 4:29 PM, SavagePT said:

Applied: All PT - UofT, Western, McMaster and Queen's 
Accepted: UofT
Waitlisted: Western, McMaster (low placing so no chance of getting in)
Rejected: Queen's 
GPA: sub-gpa 3.87

2nd time applying, last year I applied to UofT and McMaster, wasn't invited to the CAP and rejected at Mac.

My experiences are pretty avg imo. I had volunteering experience at the physio clinic on my school's campus, as a developmental coach for my elementary school basketball team, and I am also active in giving therapeutic exercise advice to people who share my non visible disability. My work experiences are related to retail and the labor industry as part of my father's business.

I believe I had very strong reference letters. I took all of my prof's courses which were in a small setting (12 people in my 4th year advanced topic course for e.g.) so I was able to really get to know my prof closely. My physio volunteering supervisor was my other reference, and I believe she also gave me a strong letter as I was very active at the clinic!

If anyone who didn't get accepted to UofT wants some advice, feel free to DM me. I'm happy to give some pointers on Casper and the CAP exam seeing as to that's probably why I was accepted! I probably am not the person for advice on KIRA and personal submissions clearly :lol:

Sent you a DM! 

2 hours ago, Music and OT said:

I am #6 on the waitlist at Mac for OT. Does anyone know if the waitlist usually moves a lot? I know this year there were many more applicants than usual so don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thanks :)

My friend is accepting her offer to Western and will be declining Mac OT so that will free up one spot. You're one spot closer, fingers crossed!

Applied: UWO PT + OT
Accepted: UWO PT + OT
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: sGPA 3.86

Just accepted my offer to go to Western! Did my undergraduate at Western so will be there for another 2 years now! 

In terms of my experience, I had some (not much) time spent at a chiro clinic, and a medical clinic. I believe it was my other experience and reference letters which brought me through. I had a lot of leadership experiences from starting a not-for-profit organization, some executive positions at school clubs, and program coordinator at some camps. 

For those who unfortunately did not get accepted this year and are planning to reapply next year, I'd be more than happy to share some tips that I believe set my written statement out from the rest, as well as some CASPer tips. 

Anyone know if there's a group chat for the Western PT class of 2023?

*Hoping that all of you on the waitlist hopefully get some good news :)

8 hours ago, Music and OT said:

I am #6 on the waitlist at Mac for OT. Does anyone know if the waitlist usually moves a lot? I know this year there were many more applicants than usual so don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thanks :)

I'm declining my offer as well! Hope you get in!

5 hours ago, PhysioApplicant said:

Hey everyone!! Congrats on all of the offers, is there a facebook group for McMaster PT yet or should we make one??

I think once we get an official email after accepting they will already have one made for us to join! but i'm down to join one in the meantime / if that's not the case!

Hey everyone! I applied to Mac OT, Queens PT, Queens OT, Western PT, and Western OT and did not receive a single offer. I am feeling discouraged since this is my second time applying. My cumulative GPA was a 3.38 and my sub gpa was a 3.65. Unfortunately my gpa was lowered since orpas had to average my entire 3rd year and use that value to make up my last few courses. I am debating on going back to upgrade a couple courses again and reapplying, or just going to school abroad. 

I have 40 hours working at a physiotherapy clinic, 3 months of experience working at a chiropractor clinic before lockdown happened, and 110 hours doing an internship with an athletic therapist. I have also worked at a hospital the past 2 years, and spent 2 years in school working at Student Accessibility Services, where I assisted those with intellectual, physical, and visual disabilities complete exams.  

Does anyone know if it would be worth going back to school again if I could upgrade my gpa to a 3.74 or 3.8? or would it be better to apply abroad and not risk wasting another year of upgrading courses and applying?

16 minutes ago, OT_ik said:

Hi everyone! I’m having a hard time choosing between Queens and Western OT. Looking at the pros and cons of each I feel they’re both pretty similar. Is anyone else in the same boat? What will you be choosing and why? Any help would be very much appreciated!! 

Not too sure about western but a few pros of queens is that in my opinion it is a bit harder to get into since they take an accumulation of your grades- so congratulations on that! I also think the living / area of Kingston is amazing and has a lot to offer. A friend of mine just accepted to queens she did say they were similar but it was little things that made her ultimately decide on queens! I think she mentioned the program being a bit better there as well. Goodluck on your choice!!

14 hours ago, laulau694 said:

Yes, sure! Here is the data I have as of now and will continue to add more as I get more responses. 

Stats of Grad Applicants.xlsx 11.61 kB · 51 downloads

Applied (OT): Western, UofT, Queens and McMaster

Waitlisted: Western

Rejected: UofT, Queens, McMaster (before interviews)

sgpa: 3.68

cgpa: 3.6

This was my first time applying! I'm hoping to get more related experience and maybe take an additional anatomy course so that I can apply out of province next year! I hope this information helps:) Congratulations to everyone on your offers!