Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone is really nervous about the decisions that are about to come out. Just know if you don’t get accepted, it doesn’t mean you aren’t smart and it doesn’t mean you should give up! It’s a v

Hi everyone! With a lot of admissions decisions coming out soon/tonight-ish I just wanted to drop the number for some crisis lines as news can bring up feelings of distress.    Crisis phone

I can't believe we've had to wait so long since we submitted our applications in Jan haha. I have been anxiously waiting! Best of luck to us all!! 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, sugo said:

I'm glad I helped, but I'm not sure if where we get our bachelor degree matters or not.

Did you only apply to Dal? With your GPA I believe you can get into some OT programs in Ontario easily!

 

4 minutes ago, waiting_impatiently said:

OOP Dal Applicant and got waitlisted today, as well. ~4.12/4.3 sGPA 

No idea about the waitlist order

Well I know Dal reserves a certain number of seats for students from the Atlantic provinces. Maybe doing a four year undergrad at Dal counts for something even if you are OOP haha. I'm not too sure. I applied to Western, Toronto, and Queens as well. I was rejected at Western but waitlisted for the other two. Dal is the only school I haven't heard back from yet.  

Are you both wanting to go to Dal? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LetMeInOT said:

 

Well I know Dal reserves a certain number of seats for students from the Atlantic provinces. Maybe doing a four year undergrad at Dal counts for something even if you are OOP haha. I'm not too sure. I applied to Western, Toronto, and Queens as well. I was rejected at Western but waitlisted for the other two. Dal is the only school I haven't heard back from yet.  

Are you both wanting to go to Dal? 

I only applied to UofA and Dal, as UofA already rejected me, Dal is my only hope now lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sugo said:

I only applied to UofA and Dal, as UofA already rejected me, Dal is my only hope now lol

I emailed Kelly from Dal Admissions this morning about the deadline for first round offers and I just received an email back saying that everyone will hear back by the end of May. I'm hoping I get some sort of response soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LetMeInOT said:

I emailed Kelly from Dal Admissions this morning about the deadline for first round offers and I just received an email back saying that everyone will hear back by the end of May. I'm hoping I get some sort of response soon. 

Best of luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LetMeInOT said:

I emailed Kelly from Dal Admissions this morning about the deadline for first round offers and I just received an email back saying that everyone will hear back by the end of May. I'm hoping I get some sort of response soon. 

Thanks! I would really like to hear too...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LetMeInOT said:

 

Well I know Dal reserves a certain number of seats for students from the Atlantic provinces. Maybe doing a four year undergrad at Dal counts for something even if you are OOP haha. I'm not too sure. I applied to Western, Toronto, and Queens as well. I was rejected at Western but waitlisted for the other two. Dal is the only school I haven't heard back from yet.  

Are you both wanting to go to Dal? 

Yes, Dal would be my first choice of schools.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Congratulations to those of you who have already received acceptances from school's for OT. I am wondering if any people on this forum will be declining offers to U of A OT now that Ontario schools have released their acceptances? U of A is my top choice school and as I have been waitlisted I am just crossing my fingers for movement! Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZZZ1 said:

Hi has anyone that received an acceptance offer have a Withdrawal for a course on their transcript? I'm curious if schools look at that negatively or not. 

Hi! I have 3 withdrawals on mine and it made no difference. I had one in my graduating year and it wasn’t taken into account at all. I got into western, queens, and UofT! So withdrawal from a course of you wish, it shouldn’t hurt you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Does anyone know how to get volunteer or shadowing opportunities now a days? I’ve been emailing small clinics but haven’t gotten any responses. I know that with covid there aren’t many volunteer opportunities but does anyone know of something? I really need to improve my application for next year :( If anyone is in the same boat we can brainstorm some ideas and help each other out!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is on the fence about Mcmaster OT or PT because of the SBL. I talked to the PT and OT at my work about it and they said they really enjoyed this approach. They said it was a lot better than sitting in a class and learning. More hands on, interactive and you gain more skills. I hope this helps anyone that is worried or scared about mcmasters approach! (They both graduated from this university). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OTap said:

If anyone is on the fence about Mcmaster OT or PT because of the SBL. I talked to the PT and OT at my work about it and they said they really enjoyed this approach. They said it was a lot better than sitting in a class and learning. More hands on, interactive and you gain more skills. I hope this helps anyone that is worried or scared about mcmasters approach! (They both graduated from this university). 

this is so helpful..thank you so much!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZZZ1 said:

Hi has anyone that received an acceptance offer have a Withdrawal for a course on their transcript? I'm curious if schools look at that negatively or not. 

I had a W and an F on my transcript from first year. My GPA in first year was 2.70, wasn’t that much better in second year either. I just got really good grades for the last few years of my undergrad and a lot of volunteer/work experience. (I also Pass/Failed a course last year) 

First time applying this year and I got into McMaster, Western, and waitlisted for UT! 

You got this guys!! Keep working hard, you will get those acceptance letters!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Applied all PT: Western, Toronto, Ottawa, Queens
 
Accepted: Ottawa
Waitlisted:
Rejected: Western, Toronto, Queens
 
GPA: 3.39 cGPA, 3.75 sGPA
 
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:  Strength: -I think Casper went much better than last year. References and experience are very average. Weakness: Low c/s GPAs, ORPAS calculated it differently than what I expected.
 
It was my second year applying, and I did not think I would get in, since I have a TOTAL of 230 volunteer hours. I almost did not apply to Ottawa because I was nervous about doing the program in French. However, I was able to receive an offer without being required to take a french course in my first year and I have heard from previous students that the program is manageable for non-native french speakers.
 
Note: I learned french in elementary and high school (french immersion). 
 
I don't know if this helps others!! But don't give up! My prof always told us, a career is almost like a relationship, if the one you're really after doesn't work at first, do you settle for the second best person?
 
Also is there already a group chat for Uottawa Pt?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...