Premed 101 Forums

55 minutes ago, OTap said:

If anyone is on the fence about Mcmaster OT or PT because of the SBL. I talked to the PT and OT at my work about it and they said they really enjoyed this approach. They said it was a lot better than sitting in a class and learning. More hands on, interactive and you gain more skills. I hope this helps anyone that is worried or scared about mcmasters approach! (They both graduated from this university). 

Do you know of anyone who has done it during COVID? I am just worried how this approach might translate if classes are still mostly online. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone is really nervous about the decisions that are about to come out. Just know if you don’t get accepted, it doesn’t mean you aren’t smart and it doesn’t mean you should give up! It’s a v

Hi everyone! With a lot of admissions decisions coming out soon/tonight-ish I just wanted to drop the number for some crisis lines as news can bring up feelings of distress.    Crisis phone

Anyone else nervous for tomorrow’s results (midnight) in Ontario

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, UBCPTPLS said:

Has anyone heard back from the UBC PT waitlist? Or is anyone planning to decline their UBC PT acceptance? 

Thanks in advance!

I got off the waitlist today for UBC PT in the morning before noon! Next few weeks I’m assuming there will be a lot of movement due to Ontario Acceptances. 

14 minutes ago, otshc said:

Have all the acceptances already gone out? I know online it says acceptances came out on the 14th, just wondering if that’s when they START coming out or if they’re already all sent out. I already got my responses but my friend is saying saying they haven’t gotten theirs yet. Not sure if it’s true or if it just means bad news. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure all responses went out whether they were rejected, waitlisted or accepted. I could be wrong, but my understanding is they're all out because by May 29 most schools require an decision

2 minutes ago, OTAPPINFO said:

Do you know of anyone who has done it during COVID? I am just worried how this approach might translate if classes are still mostly online. 

I would assume since the groups are small that they would be still occurring but I’m not 100% or small groups online over zoom.. either way it is still more interactive in my opinion!

On 5/14/2021 at 9:31 PM, PTsoon said:

I am a first time applicant and I applied to McMaster PT and OT and UofT PT. Unfortunately I didn’t make either of these schools. I have a sgpa of 3.81. I didn’t feel too confident after the kira talent. Tbh I feel very hopeless and have no idea on how to make my application better. It’s also very hard to find places to volunteer due to covid. Is there anyone who is/was in a similar boat. 

I got into Mac PT with a GPA of 3.72. Don't give up! just rock a good interview next year. 

5 hours ago, OTuofahopeful said:

Hi all! Congratulations to those of you who have already received acceptances from school's for OT. I am wondering if any people on this forum will be declining offers to U of A OT now that Ontario schools have released their acceptances? U of A is my top choice school and as I have been waitlisted I am just crossing my fingers for movement! Thanks in advance

I just declined my offer today! Good luck!

Hey UofA applicants!! In the email informing those who were waitlisted for UofA, they said there is ONE MScPT program waiting list. That means there is only one list including both OOP and IP applicants, rather than separate waitlists right? I'm wondering bc I was told I am in the bottom half of a list of about 20 people, but there are many people on the waiting list so I'm a bit confused... maybe they say a list of "about 20 people" to just give an idea of where I am without mentioning the total length of the waiting list? 

16 hours ago, SaraPT123 said:

Hey did anyone receive acceptance off the waitlist from U of A yet today??

Not yet! I'm wondering if there's any movement on both the PT and OT waitlists now that Ontario has released their acceptances, 150 seat-waitlist seems a bit much.

47 minutes ago, OTplz2021 said:

OOP Dal OT Applicant and got waitlisted yesterday (May 17) ~3.68/4.3 sGPA 

Not sure how many people are put on the waitlist?

That's awesome! I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm not sure how they are releasing waitlist offers for OOP students. It seems like they are pretty staggered...

On 5/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, MOT111 said:

Hi there! 
I was wondering what number you’re waitlisted at for UBC OT? And, if you’re planning on attending one of the other universities that you were accepted to. I’m currently waitlisted at #11 for UBC OT - just trying to see what my chances are looking like!

I have accepted my offer to Queens PT! Good luck!

2 hours ago, LetMeInOT said:

That's awesome! I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm not sure how they are releasing waitlist offers for OOP students. It seems like they are pretty staggered...

I don't have any extra knowledge, but I'm betting that they're staggering it just to decide how many to put on the waiting list. I don't have high hopes that I'll make my way off the waiting list (although obviously I really want to)

4 hours ago, OTplz2021 said:

OOP Dal OT Applicant and got waitlisted yesterday (May 17) ~3.68/4.3 sGPA 

Not sure how many people are put on the waitlist?

Congrats! Im an OOP still waiting to hear back. My friends who were previously in the program said 50% of their cohort was initially put on the waitlist. I have not yet heard of any OOP getting a straight acceptance, and even so I'd assume a lot of the Ontario students who have already been accepted would decline an upcoming offer for Dal OT.

3 minutes ago, waiting_impatiently said:

I don't have any extra knowledge, but I'm betting that they're staggering it just to decide how many to put on the waiting list. I don't have high hopes that I'll make my way off the waiting list (although obviously I really want to)

I think you'll have a good chance of getting in. Once people start making firm acceptances to the Ontario schools, I have a feeling that a decent amount of OOP spots will open up at Dal. 

2 minutes ago, VhopefulOT said:

Hey everyone! 
I accepted my Western offer for OT and I’m wondering if any females here would like to live together :)

Hey!! What made you choose western? I still can’t decide between queens or western!