Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

5 minutes ago, VhopefulOT said:

Hey everyone! 
I accepted my Western offer for OT and I’m wondering if any females here would like to live together :)

Congratulations!! I accepted my offer as well!! I’d be happy to connect with you. Probably not as a roommate because I have some pets and will have to live alone lol but if you want a friend nearby!!

Just now, PotentialOT said:

I know someone recently posted saying they are accepting Queens instead of UBC OT, so that will push you to #1! Fingers crossed!

Hi! Thanks so much. I've seen people post who are OOP or already on the waitlist accept offers to other schools, but there hasn't been any talk about waitlisted applicants getting offers. I'm just so curious if it will move much 

8 hours ago, LetMeInOT said:

That's awesome! I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm not sure how they are releasing waitlist offers for OOP students. It seems like they are pretty staggered...

I'm shocked since my GPA isn't high compared to what I've seen in this group. Hopefully you get in soon! 

5 hours ago, OTXOTWOD said:

Congrats! Im an OOP still waiting to hear back. My friends who were previously in the program said 50% of their cohort was initially put on the waitlist. I have not yet heard of any OOP getting a straight acceptance, and even so I'd assume a lot of the Ontario students who have already been accepted would decline an upcoming offer for Dal OT.

Thank you! That gives me hope. Good luck to you :)

On 5/17/2021 at 6:05 PM, Physioletsgo said:

Does anyone know how many people aprox are on the UofA PT waitlist? Around 150 from what I've read on a previous post in this forum, but I`m wondering if that's right. Seems like a lot but apparently there's normally quite a bit of waitlist movement.

I got an email saying approx 50 names

A few of us who have been offered admission to Western for PT have created an unofficial Facebook group called “Western PT 2023” for those of you who have been looking for a Western PT Facebook page. Hoping to use it as a means of communication amongst ourselves until an official group has been created. 

7 hours ago, OTA PTA said:

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist for Queen's OT? 

If you are on the waitlist at Queen’s, the earliest you could hear of an acceptance will be the day after first round offers expire. To my knowledge, they are sent out in batches for any remaining spots after each round’s offer expires. Last year, I got my waitlist acceptance at around 10:30am the day after first rounds were over

5 hours ago, PTuofa2021 said:

I got an email saying approx 50 names

Oh okay, I got an email giving me a general position on the waitlist out of a list of aprox 30 names. Maybe they are using these numbers to give an indication of where we are on the waiting list without disclosing the total number of people on the waitlist? I'm just confused why we were given a different list length

56 minutes ago, Strawbaby said:

If you are on the waitlist at Queen’s, the earliest you could hear of an acceptance will be the day after first round offers expire. To my knowledge, they are sent out in batches for any remaining spots after each round’s offer expires. Last year, I got my waitlist acceptance at around 10:30am the day after first rounds were over

Hello! What did you mean by first round offers? On ORPAS, there are 2 dates, one is when first round offers expire and the second is provisional acceptances become firm. Not entirely sure what the difference between the two is. 

8 hours ago, PT24 said:

Hello! What did you mean by first round offers? On ORPAS, there are 2 dates, one is when first round offers expire and the second is provisional acceptances become firm. Not entirely sure what the difference between the two is. 

May29 is the day that first round offers expire meaning those who have gotten an acceptance from schools have until May 29th to accept. After that date they will know how many people they need to pull off the wait list and begin to send out offers to those people! 

I think this is just for Ontario schools.