Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

11 hours ago, Physioletsgo said:

Oh okay, I got an email giving me a general position on the waitlist out of a list of aprox 30 names. Maybe they are using these numbers to give an indication of where we are on the waiting list without disclosing the total number of people on the waitlist? I'm just confused why we were given a different list length

Is this for u of a PT?? Weird

Hi everyone. I am still deciding but am looking for clarification on when Western's OT offer needs a response. The letter states 5 business days (which would mean by end of business day Thursday - tomorrow they want an answer) but the ORPAS website says the offer is good until May 29th. 

I am wondering if any of you guys know when we need to respond by? I contacted the admissions at UWO a few days ago through email but no response, and they are not taking calls now. 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, PTuofa2021 said:

Is this for u of a PT?? Weird

yeah, for UofA PT. I know, it does seem odd. It's possible that the waitlist was at 50 on the 7th, and then went down to 30 in just over a week later, but that would mean 20 ppl got off the waitlist in just over a week which is so many. If this is true, then it seems likely that another 20-30 ppl could get off the waitlist in the next couple to few weeks, which is almost everyone on the waitlist if it did start at 50

1 hour ago, ilyPT said:

I read in last years forum that "it's common for waitlists to move 40 or so spots". Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?? I hate not knowing my chances of getting off the waitlist haha 

I think it depends on the school. Which University's waitlist are you hoping to get off?

8 hours ago, PTOT4444 said:

I will be declining Western and Queen's PT to accept McGill's official acceptance for PT QY today! So another spot will open for Western and Queen's, and I will get off many other waitlists. If anyone started a McGill PT facebook page let me know!

Are you in province for mcgill QY PT? I still haven't heard anything from them but I am OOP. Has anyone else OOP heard back either good or bad? 

1 hour ago, OT_9821 said:

I accepted my McMaster OT offer, and declined my U of A and Western OT offers! Now to see if the U of T OT waitlist moves...

Funny, I wish we could just swap acceptances as I’m hoping to get off the U of A OT waitlist so that I can decline my U of T OT offer!

46 minutes ago, ot_lea2021 said:

Funny, I wish we could just swap acceptances as I’m hoping to get off the U of A OT waitlist so that I can decline my U of T OT offer!

Haha, yes if only that could be possible. I hope you get off the U of A OT waitlist, best of luck!

On 5/18/2021 at 3:56 PM, PendingOTgal said:

I got accepted into UofT but think I am leaning more towards McMaster, if I get off the waitlist. Due to being on the waitlist, should I accept UofT for now and then wait to hear back from Mac? What does this process look like?

Curious to know why you're leaning towards Mac if you're open to sharing :)

1 hour ago, PTOT123 said:

Hi! Has anyone gotten into schools without taking a full course load (5 courses/15 credits)? Thanks in advance.

Hi! I have. I got in this round for OT at UBC, Western and U of A. I don't recall UBC or Western saying on their websites that they show preference for students who take full course loads, but U of A definitely did so I'm surprised I got in. I never did 5 courses in one semester. I did 4 courses per sem during my first two years and then in third and fourth year I did 2-3 courses each sem. Hope that helps!