Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

55 minutes ago, Physioletsgo said:

Anyone else also on the out-of-province waitlist for UofA PT? I'm hoping there's a lot of movement. Apparently the OOP waitlist is much shorter than the IP list

I’m on the waitlist for UofA PT as well and I’m an OOP applicant! I haven’t heard anything yet but I haven’t emailed to ask my position on the waitlist, have you?

3 hours ago, muffy17 said:

I’m on the waitlist for UofA PT as well and I’m an OOP applicant! I haven’t heard anything yet but I haven’t emailed to ask my position on the waitlist, have you?

I was told I am on the bottom half out of 30 people. So I'm somewhere between 15-30. I'm not sure how many OOP decline, but hoping it passes 15!:)

On 5/19/2021 at 3:44 PM, Soclosebutyetsofar said:

Are you in province for mcgill QY PT? I still haven't heard anything from them but I am OOP. Has anyone else OOP heard back either good or bad? 

Might be a bit of a late answer, but I am OOP and found my McGill OT and McGill PT offers in my junk folder!

4 hours ago, EPPTOT said:

Anyone in U of A PT (Edmonton campus) looking for a roommate by any chance?

Hey i will be if i go to edmonton. Right now im hoping i get into the calgary campus but if not i am interested. How soon are you gonna start looking for places?

23 minutes ago, PTmasters said:

Hey i will be if i go to edmonton. Right now im hoping i get into the calgary campus but if not i am interested. How soon are you gonna start looking for places?

How do you get on the waitlist to be in the Calgary campus?? And I havent started yet lol

37 minutes ago, Hopeful2022 said:

Hey everyone! 

I've seen the mention of the website whatsmygpa.ca on here for calculations. I was wondering how accurate it is? Has anyone used it before and compared it to their applications calculations? Just wondering and looking for some insight! :) 

Hey! I used whatsmygpa.ca to calculate my subGPA. The figure I got was pretty much exactly what ORPAS ended up calculating.

3 hours ago, Ptpt2021 said:

@anyone who has accepted Uofa PT (either Calg or edmonton) - have you received your official letter from FGSR, or are still waiting like me :D? If so, is it email or mailed letter?

Still waiting as well Amy mentioned that it takes roughly 3 weeks and likely won’t arrive until close to the end of the month. Hope that helps

On 5/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, EPPTOT said:

How do you get on the waitlist to be in the Calgary campus?? And I havent started yet lol

From what Amy told me via email upon accepting my offer — If you applied for the Calgary campus as your first choice over Edmonton when you applied to the program but were offered a seat in Edmonton then you will be automatically waitlisted for Calgary campus until the first day of classes (August 3rd). If a spot becomes available and you are the next on the list then you will be notified and asked if you would like to be switched to that campus. Once classes have started you CANNOT be moved from one campus to another! 

Hopefully this helps - if you want to see the email I received from her let me know I will find it and upload a screenshot

18 hours ago, Ptpt2021 said:

@anyone who has accepted Uofa PT (either Calg or edmonton) - have you received your official letter from FGSR, or are still waiting like me :D? If so, is it email or mailed letter?

No yet!  Like someone already said, could take three weeks which will be early next week if you accepted your offer right away.  If you delayed accepting your offer until the May 21st deadline, I wouldn't expect to see it until the second week of June.

Hi all,

For those who have accepted an offer, just wanted to make sure if we just had to firmly accept on ORPAS and submit a conferred transcript? And received a confirmation email about which school you have firmly accepted? That's it on our end, correct? 

Thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, laulau694 said:

I live in Ontario and haven't heard anything from Dalhousie OT. Has anyone OOP been given an acceptance at Dal? Or heard about when we will get a response? I previously heard "end of May" but when is that haha :lol:!

I'm hoping end of May means sometime this week lol!

On 5/20/2021 at 6:29 PM, PTforME13 said:

A family friend of mine who graduated from U of T PT this year was actually in a similar situation. He went to UBC for his undergrad so he knows some people who did PT at UBC, and he was able to ask them about how they liked their program.

He told me that he decided to pick U of T over UBC for a couple reasons. U of T has a more hands-on style of learning where you get to do a lot of practical training, and they also have the research portion which was really interesting. There are many great opportunities for placements since it's in the city so the best facilities and hospitals are there. In the future, there would be a lot of connections for future jobs. He also told me how their class was super close-knit and everyone was very friendly. Also, U of T is known for being the top university in Canada so it does carry lots of prestige! Overall, my friend really liked the U of T PT program, and he definitely has no regrets.

I'm planning to go to U of T PT this fall. I hope to see you there! :) 

I'm a current UBC student and would like to add that UBC is a great school and prepares you well for the CAPR upon graduation. The Campus is great and the staff teaching here is awesome. I have heard from friends who have went through PT school here and elsewhere that UBC seems to be focused more on public health care. It's PT school, I think whichever one you pick will be hands on. That being said under different circumstances, and if I could go back and do it  again I would choose UofT for the reasons you have listed 

5 hours ago, laulau694 said:

I live in Ontario and haven't heard anything from Dalhousie OT. Has anyone OOP been given an acceptance at Dal? Or heard about when we will get a response? I previously heard "end of May" but when is that haha :lol:!

I've seen a few people (including me) who were put on the wait list. I'm sure there have been a few OOP acceptances sent, as well, but I don't think they've posted here.