Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, DALOTHopeful said:

It seems crazy that for a cohort thats about 40% OOP students that I have not seen or heard of a single OOP student thats been accepted yet. Maybe they are waiting for the deadline for Ontario decisions to pass before sending out more acceptances to OOP applicants. 

They don't necessarily have a 40% OOP cohort. They have a class size of 66 and they have a certain number of seats that are reserved for Atlantic students, but the rest of the seats are not guaranteed for OOP. The entire cohort could technically be Atlantic students. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone is really nervous about the decisions that are about to come out. Just know if you don’t get accepted, it doesn’t mean you aren’t smart and it doesn’t mean you should give up! It’s a v

Hi everyone! With a lot of admissions decisions coming out soon/tonight-ish I just wanted to drop the number for some crisis lines as news can bring up feelings of distress.    Crisis phone

Anyone else nervous for tomorrow’s results (midnight) in Ontario

Posted Images

8 hours ago, DALOTHopeful said:

It seems crazy that for a cohort thats about 40% OOP students that I have not seen or heard of a single OOP student thats been accepted yet. Maybe they are waiting for the deadline for Ontario decisions to pass before sending out more acceptances to OOP applicants. 

It just seems weird that they would send out emails to waitlisted applicants before those that have been accepted. I think you're right about Dal waiting for the Ontario schools deadline to pass.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, waiting_impatiently said:

They don't necessarily have a 40% OOP cohort. They have a class size of 66 and they have a certain number of seats that are reserved for Atlantic students, but the rest of the seats are not guaranteed for OOP. The entire cohort could technically be Atlantic students. 

That's true. I have a friend in the 2019 cohort who said the class was almost 50% OOP, but last years was less with Covid being a factor. Here's hoping we all know soon and that the waitlist moves once the Ontario deadline passes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since first round offers are expiring soon, thought I'd fill one of these out and share some more waitlist movement. This forum has been a great resource for me so I hope it will be for others too in the future (: 

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT - Mac, UofT, Western, Queens ; OT - Mac, Western 
Accepted: PT - Mac, UofT, Queens ; OT - Western
Waitlisted: PT - Western ; OT - Mac
Rejected:
GPA: c-gpa - 3.94 ; s-gpa - 3.97
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I thought my essays were well written, but I don't think I had more or better experiences than any other applicants. I was a volunteer throughout uni for a physio clinic as well as in other physio-adjacent settings. In terms of references, didn't have any extremely close relationships, so I'm sure these were average too. I was most surprised by my Mac PT offer because I did not think Kira Talent went exceptionally well (nerves + this was my first PT interview experience), however I felt more confident about other interviews, especially the UofT CAP.

I will most likely be accepting Mac PT, so expect some more waitlist movement soon from UofT/Queens PT and Western OT!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been able to contact any admissions coordinator about their offer from Western?

I havn't heard back from the contact stated on the letter and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.

 

Thanks,

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, UWOT said:

Has anyone been able to contact any admissions coordinator about their offer from Western?

I havn't heard back from the contact stated on the letter and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.

 

Thanks,

Aaron

I emailed Janet ( forgot her email but it’s in the letter) and she got back to me pretty quickly. Hope this helps! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChefAC said:

I emailed Janet ( forgot her email but it’s in the letter) and she got back to me pretty quickly. Hope this helps! 

Thanks! Would you be able to see what day of the week she replied on?

I want to convince myself that she might only be monitoring her email on certain days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

They don't necessarily have a 40% OOP cohort. They have a class size of 66 and they have a certain number of seats that are reserved for Atlantic students, but the rest of the seats are not guaranteed for OOP. The entire cohort could technically be Atlantic students. 

Yeah I can confirm this too. I spoke with a faculty member at Dal some time ago and they said this exact message. It's a little unfair but it is what it is - schools like UBC, and U of A do this as well. Hopefully there will be some extra spots ready for OOP students. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UWOT said:

Has anyone been able to contact any admissions coordinator about their offer from Western?

I havn't heard back from the contact stated on the letter and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.

 

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi, I am just wondering what you mean when you say about your offer to western? What was your specific question! I just provisionally accepted western on ORPAS and was wondering if there were any other things I had to do before the 29th

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UWOT said:

Thanks! Would you be able to see what day of the week she replied on?

I want to convince myself that she might only be monitoring her email on certain days.

That's weird... because she replied to one of my emails in two minutes! But she replied last Thursday and Tuesday/Wednesday of this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted this year :) I'm wondering if anyone knows how much McMaster's OT waitlist usually moves by? Trying to decide next steps and be realistic about whether or not I will get off the list this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, just to double check - when confirming an offer, you submit the request (which is followed by an Amendment Confirmation email saying the changes were processed), and the program changes to “Firmly accepted” on OPRAS. Is this all you have to do through ORPAS to accept the offer? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OTapplicant2021b said:

Hi, just to double check - when confirming an offer, you submit the request (which is followed by an Amendment Confirmation email saying the changes were processed), and the program changes to “Firmly accepted” on OPRAS. Is this all you have to do through ORPAS to accept the offer? 

Hello, 

I asked ORPAS and they said that was it. I emailed queens and was told yes that’s all we do and that next steps will be emailed to us from the OT assistant. However it doesn’t hurt to ask ORPAS to make sure! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PTTTTTl9987 said:

I got an email around 5pm tonight from Queen's with an offer for PT off the waitlist!! sGPA: 3.87! Good luck to everyone as waitlist offers come out :) 

Congrats! How long do you have to respond to the offer? 24 hours?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PTTTTTl9987 said:

I got an email around 5pm tonight from Queen's with an offer for PT off the waitlist!! sGPA: 3.87! Good luck to everyone as waitlist offers come out :) 

Do you know what position you were on the waitlist? I was told I'm 76... thinking it's too long of a shot for me this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PTwait21 said:

Do you know what position you were on the waitlist? I was told I'm 76... thinking it's too long of a shot for me this year.

Who did you email and did you specifically ask for your wait list position? Thought we weren’t supposed to inquire about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...