Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

2 hours ago, PTPT12345 said:

Who did you email and did you specifically ask for your wait list position? Thought we weren’t supposed to inquire about it?

I replied to my admission decision email. You’re right, but I thought it didn’t hurt to ask. :)

19 minutes ago, Aspiringpt1 said:

Is anyone (or does anyone know anyone) planning to reject a UBC PT offer, even if they have already accepted as its past the deadline??? Trying to gauge my chances of moving off the waitlist, thank you in advance

i know someone already turned down UBC PT a couple days ago. 

Does anyone have info about McMaster orientation week? In the email we got it says it runs from Aug 31- Sept 4 and will be "mostly" online. I was planning on booking a trip during this time so I need to figure out if this is still an option and if I can just participate in O-week remotely. 

Does anyone know if academic practicums count towards your sGPA? On the ORPAS website it says they do, but I saw on past years forums that they don't count? Not sure if this has changed recently (which could explain it). If anyone in this forum has taken a practicum, was it counted in your sGPA? 

2 hours ago, PT_EP said:

Does anyone know if academic practicums count towards your sGPA? On the ORPAS website it says they do, but I saw on past years forums that they don't count? Not sure if this has changed recently (which could explain it). If anyone in this forum has taken a practicum, was it counted in your sGPA? 

I had the same question! I don't believe they count since practicums have an in placement aspect. Practicums/co-ops/placements all fall under the same category of marks that are not included in OT calculations (I think).

8 minutes ago, PT_92 said:

Has anyone been accepted into the UOttawa OT or PT program? What was your GPA like? What kind of volunteer or work experience do you have? :)

Got accepted to Ottawa PT, 3.86 sGPA, 60 volunteer hours at a private clinic and about 300 hours working with kids with special needs and needing 1on1 support in elementary schools

27 minutes ago, OTXOTWOD said:

That would be hilarious. My last name is R, hbu?

Last name starts with N. When I got my email yesterday, they attached a pdf letter with their decision. The pdf was named (lastname, firstname) so I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing it alphabetically.