Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

Hello all, 

I have applied to UBC (OT) last year, was interviewed but was not accepted. I know it is because how the interview went. I applied again this year, hoping to get an interview invitation,and want to start strengthening my interview skills now. Does anybody have/know any services I can use to help me with it? Like mock interviews online with current OT students, current OTs? Any other tips? 

Thank you and good luck all. 

I'm from Dal. I don't know if other schools does the same thing as Dal for emailing transcripts, but this is what they say when you request an official transcript from them:

COVID-19 Notice – Please Read Completely 

Due to COVID-19, all staff are working remotely. At this time, we are able to issue official academic transcripts either by regular mail or email.  Please select only one delivery method. If both are selected, regular mail will be the default option.

MAIL: Enter a complete mailing address below.

EMAIL: Indicate a recipient email address(es) in the first line of the ‘Address:’ field. The name of the recipient institution or individual should be indicated in the ‘Issued To’ field. 

Current processing time is 5-7 business days.

2 hours ago, PT PT PT said:

Will ORPAS be showing us the GPA calculations? I remember being able to see them last year but I can't see a section for it on my application. Does anyone know?

Last year, I'm pretty sure the section appeared around the deadline date for transcripts, with the GPA already calculated in it.

13 hours ago, Physio98 said:

Applying to Queens, McMaster and UofT [All PT] through ORPAS

Anyones transcript still stuck on pending and know what to do?? Freaking out because the deadline for transcript submissions is apparently January 30? Not sure what to do lol

My transcripts are still at "0" for ORPAS in the document tracker unfortunately. I got my school to send it through email and they already told me they've sent it. I guess ORPAS is just taking a while to update it 

7 hours ago, OTHopeful2021 said:

My transcripts are still at "0" for ORPAS in the document tracker unfortunately. I got my school to send it through email and they already told me they've sent it. I guess ORPAS is just taking a while to update it 

That's weird, did you contact your school yourself to send your transcript? I contacted ORPAS and they told me my school sends transcripts with the fall grades during the last 2 weeks of January, and they're unsure of when my school will send out the transcripts. 

5 hours ago, Physio98 said:

That's weird, did you contact your school yourself to send your transcript? I contacted ORPAS and they told me my school sends transcripts with the fall grades during the last 2 weeks of January, and they're unsure of when my school will send out the transcripts. 

Yes I ordered the transcripts through my school (I'm out of province) and had them email to ORPAS to the email listed on this page https://www.ouac.on.ca/news/transcripts-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/ 

3 hours ago, Physio98 said:

Just got a document received from my University under my ORPAS application.

Anyone know how long it takes for your GPA to be calculated and show up on the ORPAS website? And also how long it usually takes for ORPAS to be sending out the transcripts to the respective universities?

I didn't know we would be able to see our calculated GPAs - where will this show up when it is available?

On 1/18/2021 at 9:08 PM, OTHopeful2021 said:

Anyone know where to find your Dal banner number? I submitted my app a while ago and doing my supplementary app now. I never received an email with one. I emailed grad studies for it because I can't seem to find it anywhere, but i'm sure they're busy and won't get back to me for a while.

I'm also looking for the banner number, this application is so confusing lol. I just emailed FGS too, hopefully we hear back soon! 

Applied: McMaster OT (Top Choice), UofT OT, Queen's OT, Western OT and PT
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected: McMaster OT, UofT OT
GPA: 3.76 (c-GPA) and 3.78 (sub-GPA)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: My essays were decent, I think. References are fairly good, I had one professor, one volunteer coordinator, and my principal investigator all do one each.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:12 PM, OTplz2021 said:

I'm also looking for the banner number, this application is so confusing lol. I just emailed FGS too, hopefully we hear back soon! 

FGS got back to me yesterday! Took about a week. They needed some more info before they could give me my banner number though. I wonder why there isn't an easier/quicker way to access our banner numbers. If they put it on the application portal or something than that would be less work for us and their staff. Hopefully they get back to you soon!

3 hours ago, OTWannaBee said:

If it's any help I am a recent grad from Queen's OT (2020) and was previously accepted to U of T, Queen's and McGill. It was a couple years ago but feel free to reach out if you have specific questions I may be able to answer. 

Congrats on graduating! If you don't mind, I was wondering what made you choose Queen's over the other schools you were accepted to? And did you enjoy your time there?