Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

Just now, PT1002023 said:

32, I'm not sure whether I should expect to hear anything or if its a long shot

I’m 42….I’m not holding onto hope but I hate the anticipation! Would rather just know for sure I’m not getting in lol. I asked a friend who’s there now what the movement was like last year but she had no idea - Mac is the only school I can’t find anything on about their pt WL movement :/ 

3 minutes ago, Ihopetobeapt said:

I’m 42….I’m not holding onto hope but I hate the anticipation! Would rather just know for sure I’m not getting in lol. I asked a friend who’s there now what the movement was like last year but she had no idea - Mac is the only school I can’t find anything on about their pt WL movement :/ 

Ya, I haven't been able to find much either. I'm hoping I hear about WL movement from others on the list so I can at least have a better idea of where I stand

On 5/15/2021 at 3:55 PM, NS123 said:

Congrats to everyone on your acceptances! I am currently on the SLP waitlist for Western... I have heard it is pretty common for people applying to PT/OT to also apply to SLP/AUD programs so I wanted to reach out and ask if this is the case for any of you? Just wondering if we could see any movement on the waitlists if some of you got SLP/AUD acceptances but were holding out for PT/OT acceptances

I'm on the waitlist for SLP at Ottawa U. However, I got accepted into OT at Ottawa U. I'm getting SO anxious for SLP though... haha 

Accepted offer to UofA OT off the waitlist!! 3rd year applying and I FINALLY got in! I am from Ontario and will have to move to Edmonton. Do you think classes will remain online? Maybe I won't have to end up moving and can stay at home? Is anyone else planning on just completing online and travelling only for labs etc? 

3 hours ago, OTdreamer said:

Congrats! That's great to hear that it is already moving :) Oh! And how long did they give you to reply for accepting the offer? 

It was the same for me and the other person who posted about getting off the OT waitlist, I have until June 3rd at 9am to accept! Good luck! 

40 minutes ago, rmaam066 said:

Hey guys ! Does anyone has some experience on the waiting list for SLP at Uottawa ? I got accepted into OT at Uottawa but I'm still waitlisted in SLP... I'm getting worried a lot about SLP ! 

If you don't mind me asking what was your gpa and volunteer experience like? :)

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!

I am wondering if anyone else is also looking for a male roommate who is also going to Western for PT! If anyone would like to connect about housing and all that feel free to message me!   

1 hour ago, OTYr3 said:

Accepted offer to UofA OT off the waitlist!! 3rd year applying and I FINALLY got in! I am from Ontario and will have to move to Edmonton. Do you think classes will remain online? Maybe I won't have to end up moving and can stay at home? Is anyone else planning on just completing online and travelling only for labs etc? 

so so happy for you! congrats!! 

im on this waitlist currently :) mind if i ask your GPA? want to see if it’s moving closer to mine haha. 

I’ll be moving since I live in BC.. 

On 5/31/2021 at 8:58 AM, OTOThopeful said:

Does anyone have info about McMaster orientation week? In the email we got it says it runs from Aug 31- Sept 4 and will be "mostly" online. I was planning on booking a trip during this time so I need to figure out if this is still an option and if I can just participate in O-week remotely. 

For PT, in the information session they said that the in person part was just a mask fitting appointment on Sept 2nd. So, not even the entire day but a specific appointment time.

I'm not sure, but I feel like it might be similar for OT if that's your program. Maybe email them to see if that's the case!

20 hours ago, OptimisticOT22 said:

Just an FYI to anyone inquiring about U of T OT waitlist. I messaged admissions and they informed me that they are at capacity for the time being but that there may be small movement if any before the end of the week (before provisional become firm).

I'm surprised they're already at capacity since I haven't seen anyone comment about getting off the waitlist, do they send out more acceptances than seats?