Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

20 hours ago, PTOT2021 said:

Hello! I got accepted to uOttawa PT but I haven't received much information from the University since my acceptance. For those attending uOttawa, have you heard anything from the department?

You should be receiving a letter of admission plus some details about the offer :) I'm not in PT but in OT 

It sounds like the Queens OT class is full and they don't expect to contact anyone from the waitlist this year. They gave out more offers than seats and not enough people declined initial offers. Could still see some potential movement if people decline offers later in the summer

35 minutes ago, ABFutureOT said:

It sounds like the Queens OT class is full and they don't expect to contact anyone from the waitlist this year. They gave out more offers than seats and not enough people declined initial offers. Could still see some potential movement if people decline offers later in the summer

Did they send out an email? Do you mind me asking how you found out?

1 hour ago, ABFutureOT said:

I know one person who is for sure withdrawing their queens OT offer their just waiting for something  

I emailed them asking about it. Earlier when I first got the waitlist email I had also asked about my placement as I figured even when I ask questions the worst they'll do is say they can't provide any info. I'm 2nd on the list so I've been super anxious since I hadn't heard anything. I've also seen multiple people say they're rejecting their offers but no waitlist movement and this time last year there was. When I emailed they told me that they sent out more offers than seats and that it is unlikely they will move through the waitlist much. I'm starting to look at other plans but holding out hope I'll still get an offer this summer! Wish you guys luck too. 

23 hours ago, ABFutureOT said:

I emailed them asking about it. Earlier when I first got the waitlist email I had also asked about my placement as I figured even when I ask questions the worst they'll do is say they can't provide any info. I'm 2nd on the list so I've been super anxious since I hadn't heard anything. I've also seen multiple people say they're rejecting their offers but no waitlist movement and this time last year there was. When I emailed they told me that they sent out more offers than seats and that it is unlikely they will move through the waitlist much. I'm starting to look at other plans but holding out hope I'll still get an offer this summer! Wish you guys luck too. 

Did they tell you your position on the waitlist too? In the email I was sent, they told me they don't provide information about ranking

17 hours ago, Queens2021 said:

Did they tell you your position on the waitlist too? In the email I was sent, they told me they don't provide information about ranking

Yes because I replied to their initial email telling me I was on the waitlist. They said they don't provide it but I'd seen people in this forum ask anyways and get informed of their spot.