Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2021 - Dental School

On 11/15/2020 at 1:07 PM, cadpredent said:

Has anyone not taken anatomy and hoping to get into the 4 year program? I’m not sure if I should add it to my courses in progress document for winter/spring just incase it determines my eligibility for that program and I end up having to take it. 

Me! Apparently if you've taken a combination of other courses, you can fulfill the anatomy prerequisite. For example, by combining microbiology, pathology, and another bio I was able to cover everything we needed for anatomy on the Evaluation of Prior Learning form.

3 hours ago, aoaks said:

Me! Apparently if you've taken a combination of other course, you can fulfill the anatomy prerequisite. For example, by combining microbiology, pathology, and another bio I was able to cover everything we needed on the Evaluation of Prior Learning form.

Do they send you the Evaluation of Prior Learning form once you've submitted all supporting documents?

On 11/15/2020 at 11:51 AM, CanadianIceCream said:

These are a way for Cork to evaluate how qualified you are for their 4 year program. I think most applicants receive them for that purpose!

Yea I submitted 3 in total.

Wouldn't they only look at 2 if they require 2? Just debating whether I should be submitting more than 2 as well

16 hours ago, aoaks said:

Me! Apparently if you've taken a combination of other courses, you can fulfill the anatomy prerequisite. For example, by combining microbiology, pathology, and another bio I was able to cover everything we needed for anatomy on the Evaluation of Prior Learning form.

I’m thinking I might have to take it in the winter semester because my admission officer said it’s required. But I haven’t submitted all my documents yet so I’m not sure what the evaluation of prior learning even looks like! 

On 12/2/2020 at 12:48 PM, kat18 said:

Wouldn't they only look at 2 if they require 2? Just debating whether I should be submitting more than 2 as well

Yea, I asked three people incase one was unable to do it. They all ended up completing a reference, so rather then saying no I just told them all to submit.

I'm sure 2 is totally fine!

On 12/14/2020 at 6:32 PM, PreDentDragonlord said:

I'm just curious, does anyone know how many applicants there are every year for the dental programs in Ireland?

I remember reading somewhere that there are around 25 international (Canadian and Americans) accepted to the 4 year Cork, 3 to the 5 year cork, and I have no idea how many get accepted to the 5 year Trinity. But the overall class size I don’t know.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, cadpredent said:

@ everyone who has applied, did you email your supporting documents to admissions or your advisor? I emailed it to my advisor yesterday but haven’t heard back so I’m not sure if I should email it again to the general admissions email.

I emailed mine to my advisor originally who then let me know I should send them to the general admissions email! (I'm assuming by supporting documents you mean your CV and letter etc.?)

18 hours ago, cadpredent said:

Also wondering if everyone was able to fill out the entire evaluation of prior learning? I’m worried because I haven’t taken an anatomy lab so won’t be able to fill out the histology portion. Is it a deal breaker for the 4 year program if we haven’t learnt everything on the form?

I’m pretty sure you need to be able to fill out the entire thing, but I could be wrong. 

19 hours ago, cadpredent said:

Also wondering if everyone was able to fill out the entire evaluation of prior learning? I’m worried because I haven’t taken an anatomy lab so won’t be able to fill out the histology portion. Is it a deal breaker for the 4 year program if we haven’t learnt everything on the form?

I am also pretty sure you need to fill out the entire thing. I was lucky enough to have done enough classes in order to fill it out.

I wonder when we will start hearing back (late march)?

2 hours ago, CanadianIceCream said:

I am also pretty sure you need to fill out the entire thing. I was lucky enough to have done enough classes in order to fill it out.

Dang. Maybe I’ll get lucky because I literally satisfy everything else! 
In the email they sent me it said late March/ early April and all offers out by end of May usually. 

2 hours ago, CanadianIceCream said:

I've scanned the forums on here from previous years, and it appears GED first round offers have gone out at some point in February. Last year first rounds was Feb 7 and previous years it appears to have been later in February.

1 hour ago, cadpredent said:

Oh ok so for example if I’m using the course ANAT 200 for one of the topics I just put that in the box? I was just getting confused because it says module code, rather than course code. 

Yep that's what I put too! It's definitely confusing language, but apparently "module" is the word for "course" in Ireland and "course" basically stands for your entire degree program (ex: biology, physics, kinesiology etc.)