Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone got approved for international SLOC?

I believe TD offers 250k on their website, but they make sure the entire tuition and living expenses are covered so you can always request more, but at the same time required enough assets to get approve. I applied for 300k (I had some money in my savings) for a second time with my uncle as a second co-signer and got approved. I believe the whole process of booking appointments, going to them and waiting for the adviser to process everything took about 2 months. So I would recommend going as soon as possible when you get a proof of enrolment.  

1 minute ago, canadianman said:

I believe TD offers 250k on their website, but they make sure the entire tuition and living expenses are covered so you can always request more, but at the same time required enough assets to get approve. I applied for 300k (I had some money in my savings) for a second time with my uncle as a second co-signer and got approved. I believe the whole process of booking appointments, going to them and waiting for the adviser to process everything took about 2 months. So I would recommend going as soon as possible when you get a proof of enrolment.  

Shoot, I was hoping I would be able to secure it before I even accept an offer. I would hate to put down a deposit only to not be able to secure funds.. 

Did you try other banks as well? What made you choose TD?

1 minute ago, chlxealexa said:

Shoot, I was hoping I would be able to secure it before I even accept an offer. I would hate to put down a deposit only to not be able to secure funds.. 

Did you try other banks as well? What made you choose TD?

The process was just easier as my parents, uncle and I were with TD already. All the big banks are similar. You can book an appointment and tell them your current situation and get all the paperwork ready, but I dont believe they will sent in the papers until you have a proof of enrolment as that has the cost of tuition, start and end date, etc on it.