Premed 101 Forums

Conference

biochem4

Do you mean your poster was accepted to be presented, but the conference was cancelled? Or that you were on the author list for a poster that was presented but not the primary presenter/first author?

I know for the latter at least UofC let’s you list it. Unsure about other schools. For the former, I don’t see how any school would like you to list it. It would be kind of like saying “I was registered to go to the olympics but I didn’t actually go”. Really just means you didn’t really do anything. Not worth much except a “sorry better luck next time.”

Generally yes, listed as an abstract published in a conference proceeding, though as a (usually) non-peer-reviewed contribution it's worth somewhat less than a peer-reviewed contribution or presentation. If you have space though, or are short on scholarly activities, still worth including imo (assuming you weren't listed there with the intent of presenting but then didn't actually attend; this could look a bit fishy I think, but that's just my 2 cents)

Some conferences will publish a list of presenters' abstracts, with the intent that those listed are presenting the work (either by poster or talk), whereas others will simply publish abstracts submitted to the conference that are of interest to the field as a whole. In the latter case, totally fine, def include (again if non-peer-reviewed might be lower impact, but still def a contribution). In the former, it can be a bit fishy if you list this type of entry but then haven't actually presented. Might still be fine when worded correctly and all, I would just be a bit careful if that's your situation so as to not raise eyebrows.